Roblox opens as a Background process

Try running roblox as an administator / open the roblox app.

Running it as administrator doesn’t change anything and starting the player directly as administrator shows the installation popup before having the same issue again

6 Likes

Same issue recently started happening to me around last night. Changed nothing and it started out of nowhere.

3 Likes

Just a question, do you use msi afterburner/rtss? Deactivating them (closing them in the system tray) seemed to help for me. Still don’t know if it’s their issue or roblox’s issue since ive heard some people without these programs complain

5 Likes

If you have RTSS, set application detection level to None. This stops it from injecting into the client causing problems. It worked for me, not sure about anyone else.

12 Likes

Interesting, maybe it’s because of the anti-exploit changes

2 Likes

Yeah, I use it. I just closed it and it started to work again. Appreciate the help!

2 Likes

It’s probably because of the DLL injection being detected by the anti-cheat. Even useful tools can’t be injected now huh

2 Likes

This happens to me when RTSS or MSI Afterburner is open, simply try closing any of them 2 if you have them running on your PC, Byfron probably flags RTSS/MSI Afterburner

2 Likes

Yep, Its RTSS being flagged by the Anti Cheat, I will probably open a topic on this for Roblox to fix for those overclocking with MSI Afterburner

I have same issue because of RTSS that’s bundled with MSI Afterburner

I don’t have either of those programs and I am having this problem

12 Likes

roblox crashes on my asus rog G752VL when it worked with no problems a few days ago the store version crashes after 5 minutes when i started the pc if i open it quickly under 5 minutes then it works until i close it

2 Likes

I have the same issue and I don’t either have one of the programs others mentioned.

3 Likes

Exactly this, I have tried to look for other programs that might be clashing with roblox but no luck.

4 Likes

Having the same problem. This thread pinpoints the root of the issue I tried to figure out in this topic:

This is really annoying as I cannot test my games or play Roblox on my computer :frowning_with_open_mouth:.

1 Like

Try this for the ones having to disable RTSS, you can do it without:

what the heck is this
[PROCESS HACKER 2.0 PICTURE]
Roblox starts as a “Dead process”
it has 700+ Mb when i start it at the browser, but it always falls down to 256 MB :frowning:

1 Like

the process starts but once it reaches 440 mb it just get to red state and becomes dead

WER also starts and a lot of Windows WER temp files arise