Roblox Out of Date After Reinstalling to Latest Version

Reproduction Steps

Join a game on my computer and instantly be prompted to update Roblox while on the most recent version of Roblox.

Expected Behavior

I join the game just fine without any issues whatsoever.

Actual Behavior

I am unable to join any games on my computer. It says “Your version of Roblox may be out of date. Please update Roblox and try again.” and kicks me out. I recently just redownloaded Roblox to the most recent version and it says I am not on the recent version.
unknown

Workaround

The only workaround I have is to play on my phone on my main, which is very limited compared to playing on my PC or playing on an alternate account that updates to the most recent version without issues.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Connectivity
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly

2 Likes

This might be related to getting me onto an earlier version of Roblox Studio in this post until a fix is made.

1 Like

Unable to reproduce. Checking this on a win11 PC.

I am having the same issue, other accounts are fine but this one is just not working. I am 90% sure it is related to the Roblox Studio Bug and the admin reverting our version.

I am 100% sure that may be the issue, but why is it affecting the Roblox player of all things? That shouldn’t be the case, but it somehow is.

My alternate account which is on the same version of the crashing Roblox Studio updates has the most recent version of the Roblox Player. Shouldn’t Roblox Studio and the Roblox Player both have updates that work independently of eachother?

I think when the admin reverted our studio version it also reverted our Roblox version, we had not been experiencing this issue because Roblox had not done an update until now so we now find ourselves stuck in the old version without being able to update to the new Roblox version

That is definitely what happened. When I use my alternate account that has the most recent version of Roblox Studio; I am able to play Roblox just fine on it but can’t use Roblox Studio. This is the definite cause of the issue. I have no doubts at all about that.

@PoshKiwi Can my Roblox Player version be updated to the latest version but keep the Roblox Studio as an older version?

I am having this problem as well, and as someone who works on this platform, I need to be able to play experiences. This is unacceptable for this to have been going on for two days now.

1 Like

I also had that problem though it went away After i restarted my computer, Then Reinstalled ROBLOX STUDIO

I finally am now on the most recent version of Roblox since I was brought out of the old version. My assumption was correct that being brought back in Roblox Studio was the cause.

This issue should be resolved now. If you encounter any other issue, please file a new bug report.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.