Roblox player doesn't open after installing

I try opening any game and Roblox player has to install. Once it finishes, the game never opens

Expected behavior

The player to finish installing whatever update and open the game

10 Likes

This also happens to Roblox Studio often. Roblox studio also seems to reinstall whenever updating as well, or this may just be a visual issue.

2 Likes

I’m having this issue too and cannot play any game right now. Tried reinstalling and the same issue happens. Did you find any fix?

4 Likes

I haven’t had this issue before but it’s happening now. I even deleted the game so I can reinstall and now it doesn’t even install which means I don’t have Roblox player anymore.

4 Likes

i have experienced a similar situation where a friend of mine encountered crashing when opening Roblox, and we attempted a clean reinstall. when I had a VPN enabled during the installation process, Roblox would crash. However, once I disabled the VPN, the installation proceeded successfully. My friend does not have a VPN active however. have no idea whats happening tho and why a VPN would change the outcome.

Turns out you need to run the installer 3 times in administrator mode for it to install succesfully.

Unfortunately it didn’t work for me.
Update: I got it working with reinstalling from Roblox’s versions directory. That RobloxPlayerBeta executable there reinstalled the app for me.

1 Like

Hey @NinjoOnline - could you provide a bit more info? You can see here for reference How to post a Bug Report

1 Like

I managed to get it fixed, but think it could relate to this report
I cannot install both roblox and roblox studio. Been over a month and no admin response on it, quite alarming. As I’m now having trouble installing studio, both from the downloaded installer and the installers in the versions folder in program files

How did you get this problem fixed?

I have the same problem.

• Robloxplayerbeta.exe runs under processes in the Task Manager.
  • Studio works.

I have tried everything expect formating my harddrive.

I never got it fixed. I still can’t download it. I can download the Roblox player from Microsoft store, but that’s about it. No studio

yoggi82

12h

I have the same problem.

• Robloxplayerbeta.exe runs under processes in the Task Manager.
  • Studio works.

I have tried everything expect formating my harddrive.

Managed to solve it for me. I was using a different network + VPN before. So connected to mobile hotspot + turned off the VPN and it works. Both player and studio downloaded no issues

I’ve read that thread. I don’t know if you have checked but if you check the Task Manager you should see robloxplayerbeta.exe running even if it doesn’t show up on the screen.

Try deleting files in Roblox folder. (Delete the useless files)

1 Like

I have tried everything except format c:

What information do you need? I have excactly the same problem.