Roblox Player doesn't show in Task Manager (while making my ears bleed)

I made the mistake of joining the game “Sol’s RNG” to look around. The game instantly freezes, blasts my eardrums, and becomes impossible to close. :poop:

The windows X button doesn’t work. Right-click + Close-Window doesn’t work. It doesn’t show up in task manager.

I have volume settings set to 1/10 by default, but that doesn’t stop Roblox Player from BLASTING my eardrums. (side note: Y’all need to give volume an AI-powered exponential decrease curve or something, setting it to 1/10 makes no real difference.) :angry:

(link to discord upload if above image is broken)

Specs: Surface Pro 8 running stock Windows 11 Home

Expected behavior

I expect be able to close Roblox Player in Task Manager, and preferably not have my eardrums blasted to oblivion.

The fact that Roblox doesn’t show up in Task Manager and runs unmonitored in the background is very creepy. I understand it might be preventing exploits, but at the very least you could create a pseudo fake task that does nothing but force-close the Roblox Player when it ends.

A private message is associated with this bug report

2 Likes

I tested this on Windows 10 and it definitely shows up

I noticed that you have scrolled down a fair way in task manager. Task manager has all ‘active’ tabs at the very top of the list, before listing all of the ‘background’ tasks. Can you please check whether it is near the top? (You may need to click on Name to sort it, to ensure that it seperates the 2)

1 Like

Is this a Windows 11 specific issue? Can someone else who has Windows 11 check?

1 Like

Your screenshot does actually show ‘Roblox Game Client’ in the processes list:

2 Likes

oh i guess it’s showing up now…

not sure why it didnt when it crashed
maybe because it crashed?

wait, why does it say CPU utilization is 0%? I was definitely doing something process intensive

1 Like

Hi @ToldFable

We are closing this thread/ticket as it seems (from the images above) that the Roblox Player shows in your Task Manager, and we were also not able to reproduce the issue!

Feel free to report other bugs if you encounter them!

Thank you!

1 Like