Roblox player doesn't work or open, but roblox studio does

Recently i got a new laptop. i installed roblox but my problem is that no matter how much i try the roblox desktop app doesn’t open. it literally just doesn’t do anything, even running it as administrator. In the website, when i play a game it gives me the “Download and install roblox” thing forever, even though i clearly installed roblox. Weirder thing is that roblox studio works fine, boots up and i can edit my game and everything is fine, but roblox itself isn’t?

I’ve tried restarting my laptop, reinstalling roblox, clearing my cache, updating my drivers, disabling firewalls, disabling vpns and proxy server, watched multiple youtube videos yet nothing works.

One weird thing i’ve also found is that on the website, my friends’ online status doesn’t update. meaning its just stuck on one thing, where it shows someone doing something but in reality they’re not.

1 Like

Hello! This solution may or may not work. I re-found the reddit post that helped me. My problem was roblox would say it was launching, then it never would and get stuck on the “download roblox now” UI.

This is what the reddit post said, when followed it worked for me. (Legit no idea why):

1. Open Roblox Studio
  2. Go to the options
  3. Now go to Network
  4. Under “Diagnostics”, make sure these boxes are checked (If you dont have all this options checked what you have :smiley: ):

Print events

Print instances

Print physics errors

Print properties

Print keys

1. Now close Roblox Studio
  2. Do Windows + R -----------------(Opens Windows run window)
  3. Copy and paste or type the following without the quotation marks: “% localappdata% \ Roblox \ logs”
  4. Go to the logs folder and delete all files ------------------(Recommendation: Copy these files somewhere incase this solution does noting, just to be on the safe side.)
  5. Reboot your computer ---------------(Optimal? Maybe?)
  6. Launch Roblox

Do be carful not to delete anything other than these files, if you decide to try this. Apparently this was given by roblox support, but I’m not claiming it actually is. Now it has been a while since this worked, and I don’t even know if you have the same problem.

still nothing :confused:
i really don’t know what to do, it literally works on my old laptop.

1 Like

Dang :frowning: Don’t know what else to do, but i will give you a link to a reddit thread that may help.
https://www.reddit.com/r/RobloxHelp/comments/swurm6/help_roblox_not_launching/

i have had this issue aswell, what worked for me is using the bloxstrap client instead of the roblox player, let me know if this also works for you

nope. i’m actually going insane.

try loading the client itself from the application

also what is your operating system? i had used windows 7 fine til i updated to w10 and then this issue occurred for me

windows 11, its still not working, even with the roblox client

Hello, I should be able to solve your problem if I am good. Most of the time, it could be a compatibility issue with your computer. You need to receive a new update. If the problem persists, you need to report it to the group for log files

https://devforum.roblox.com/g/bug-files

and make sure your PC is running properly and not overloaded. This can even happen on Roblox Studio! In fact, the compatibility issue means that your computer does not understand the program and the program cannot run.