ROBLOX Player Mouse Sensitivity is BROKEN

Whatever the ROBLOX Player does to mouse settings or whatever “assisting” is done in moving your cursor across the screen, it needs to stop. Seriously. I’ve tried toggling the “HardwareMouse” option in studio settings and this problem occurs whether it is on or off. I’ve played with all my mouse settings on my computer to try getting a consistent user experience, and no dice.

I have my Razer Orochi mouse at a comfortable 1200 DPI (set in Razer Synapse) and Windows mouse pointer speed set to the middle of the bar and I’m getting an acceptable sensitivity on normal screen browsing. However, in the ROBLOX Player, my cursor acts as if it is a couple milliseconds behind, plus the cursor also moves/accelerates faster when the ROBLOX Player window is in focus. In first person mode, the viewport is too sensitive as well. MouseLock mode is slightly too sensitive for my taste.

This is an inconsistency in user experience. Why is ROBLOX messing with mouse sensitivity at all? Why is there no simple bar that says “First Person Sensitivity”, and all the free mouse movement is untouched? Minecraft doesn’t have this problem, neither does Team Fortress 2. I also don’t have any problems when playing really clicky games like League of Legends.

If we want to see any really awesome first person shooter games on ROBLOX, the mouse sensitivity problem needs to be solved. First of all, ROBLOX should not change the mouse sensitivity or cursor acceleration/speed when in 3rd person (free mouse) mode. In first person, there should be a default sensitivity which can be changed in settings with a bar (to make it more or less sensitive). I feel as if ROBLOX is trying to do something which it does not need to do (which we have seen happen in the past).

Is anyone as frustrated as I am over this?

3 Likes

not to mention the FOV sensitivity but I think theyre on that

Well windows has mouse acceleration on by default, so maybe turning that off will help. For me it’s working on any game(except few).

Control Panel>Mouse>Pointer Options>Enhance pointer precision

N turn that off.

A definitive difference is seen especially when trying a place in Studio compared to the player. For instance, my GUI game is smooth to play (mouse-wise) on a studio-based client. On the actual player, it does not like to move very smoothly and it seems to fall short and be slow.

Which does not help when you’re in this situation: