Roblox player silently closes with no error message, studio unaffected

Would this make it a compatability issue between byfron and hardware on certain windows devices? If so, is there a way that it can be fixed without getting a different device?

2 Likes

Personally, I never got the byfron starting thing when loading up roblox. I wonder if it relates to this

1 Like

Hello Danny,

The issue is very specific to Pinbat’s machine. Out of the hundreds of crash dumps we have analyzed, we have never seen it before. We are confident that everybody else is encountering different issues – some of them are Hyperion-related, while others are problems with the engine itself. I encourage everybody not to jump to conclusions just because they experience similar symptoms.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply,
I do have another question. Can crash dumps show up as .txt files?
I thought these were just temporary files generated by the startup of roblox
However, after many attempts of generating crash dumps and failing to do so, I am starting to suspect that these files may be the crash dumps.

1 Like

Hi Danny,

No, ‘.txt’ files are typically log files. Crash dumps either end with .dmp or start with HYP and end with .tmp (Hyperion compressed crash dumps). If you are not sure, just open the file with Notepad. If you can read the file, it is a log file.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer,
I checked and yes, they are log files.

1 Like

This happened twice within a 5 minute period. So I was recently playing “Rocket Tester - Roblox” and “OneSkyVed's Trolleybuses Place (indev) - Roblox” and it just closed without a dialog saying something about Roblox running into an error and having to close. The current version I am using is the latest production update. I ran a internet speed test to see if my internet caused it and im getting 84.6 Megabits per second for my download and 19 megabits per second upload with a latency (a.k.a ping) of 64 miliseconds. on a 5gHz band. Is this a Roblox related issue? My computer is about 3 years old.

Update: I just contacted bug support and I am awaiting a response

1 Like

This is was completely fixed when I repurposed my old laptop, but now it’s surfacing again.

Specs in case it's needed

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-1035G4 CPU @ 1.10GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB
SSD: 477 GB
GPU: Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics

It did a clean installation and it still didn’t work.
@yggvarr @Bitdancer I uploaded the new logs files (Logs 2.zip) in case it’s useful to you.

2 Likes

I am having the same issue, roblox player is not launching at all, but studio seems to be working fine.

Specs for context

CPU: Amd Ryzen 5 5500, 3600Mhz, 6 Cores, 12 logic processors
RAM: 16.0GB
SSD: 447,13GB Total
GPU: Radeon RX550/550 Series

It seems that the issue happens in all cpus.

1 Like

I can confirm this is happening to me aswell.

2 Likes

Same issue here, I also found this error message: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

2 Likes

Hi there! One of my computers is silently crashing aswell.

From my testings, its likely caused by the iGPU driver as some of my computers running on i5 4th gen (iGPU Intel HD Graphics 4600) does not have this issue but those on i3 4th Gen (iGPU Intel HD Graphics 4400) has the issue. Both of systems are fresh installations of Windows

As BitDancer said up above, I can confirm its a hardware breakpoint. Is any fixes planned for this? I don’t really want to spend money to just change out processors to i5^^

File Dump: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/igpu-crashes-intel-hd-4400/2784979?u=tntup

Hope it helps !

2 Likes

You should keep that private, send a DM to bug-files and link that instead.

1 Like

I’ve been having the same issue for the past 3 months and it’s getting even more frequent now.
I’m unable to play a game for longer than 2-5 minutes and this is getting ridiculously annoying.

I’ve decided to finally go thro the hassle of being unable to post a bug report and to just reply here.

Private message :
Random crash from Hyperion - Developer Forum | Roblox

1 Like

I don’t know how to DM that stuff, and its from an alt account so no worries

1 Like

please help, bitdancer please unban me

1 Like

https://devforum.roblox.com/g/bug-files

To DM private crash dumps and logs you go here and create a message with your google drive link or direct uploads. I think crash dumps can also contain things like IP addresses and e-mails so it’s better to keep them private.

2 Likes

Edited. I have linked the private bug report

this is happening to me, has anyone found a fix? i heard the oculus app has been interfering with byfron but im not sure

(edit, i didnt mean to reply to you i meant to reply to the thread)

2 Likes

I’ve yet to receive a response from staff on my report aside from being asked what experiences are affected