Roblox Pursuit AI: autonomous & self-driving cop car chases

Eh not rlly, its more of a Ai assisted like you have 75% control of the car and the ai has 25% so the AI helps drive.

Also I believe ive found my answer when I hop in the black undercover cars it somewhat assists driving to the location of the white car.

Ahh, okay, like Tesla’s autopilot assistance? It predicts based on the steering of the driver and it ensures the driving experience is fast & smooth?

It is an interesting use case, I will definitely look into that. It might be a bit more difficult than full autonomous driving in my opinion :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It’s in fact a little bug since the AI tries to overrule your steering, but the player has more controls over the car. Thanks for the clarification though!

2 Likes

Yeah I was basically wondering if you could use that as just its own thing and it trys to override the players movements but they still have control of the car and it just predicts the players movements.

1 Like

It will be very interesting to see a car with Autopilot in it,

It can be the next big thing…

Combine with GPS map :thinking:: GPS System with Minimap to show visuals

Maybe you can create a team to make it a real game / project

1 Like

Love your suggestions! Sounds like new challenges to do :eyes:

1 Like

Yea this is a good idea, if you want to do anything like this @xChris_vC reach out to me on discord (Cman6#1596) and I would build a map for this, I really think this is a good idea and would be popular.

1 Like

If you have a game idea for it, please let me know, either here or in PMs, I’m all ears!

1 Like

Your AI reminds me the Forza Horizon 4 AI… :rofl:

btw Display names are out! Almost but If you join a game and press ESC you can see them

2 Likes

Ive sent you a PM with the idea I had in mind.

1 Like

If you’re going to release this as open source :hear_no_evil:

I really going wait and see what the community will make with this…

Maybe Racing game, Police, Open world, Tesla car with Autopilot, So many things to do with this :smiley:

1 Like

I hope to create a module so you can implement it into any constraint-based car with functions such as :DriveToNode(BasePart) and :Pursue(BasePart) which can be used every game tick, :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

That sounds awesome!

You don’t need to make a module however. I would be happy to just see an example place that is opensourced (maybe with a free model car).

A module would be nice but would also require a lot more work on your part.

1 Like

The generation of self-driving cars on Roblox is (still) unexplored. I want to help newer developers to learn/use how to create something like this and want to invite experienced developers to cooperate onto a better resource. Everyone benefits :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

umm… weird question but can we get a sneak peek from the code? :thinking: :smiley: :hear_no_evil:

if whiteCarHasBeenFound then
   copCars.Speed = vroom
end

Hasn’t been officially confirmed by @xChris_vC yet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

In case you will use this in a game, do you rather want a contribution where you can let cars self-drive to a specific position or do you rather want to see the pursuit?

2 Likes

hmm…

I think to see the pursuit… If I understood It correctly

1 Like

I really want to start a project of self driving car with autopilot engagement.

Maybe It’s too much for roblox?..

1 Like