Playground | Docs | Github | Discord
roblox-py is a production ready Python to Luau compiler for roblox. The latest version adds support for all Python 3.13 statements, performance boosts, rewritten from the ground up, and a simpler interface.
This guide requires experience in the Terminal and Executables, for an online compiler visit the
Playground linked above.
- Guide your self to the Github repository linked above and locate this:
- Click on the latest release and look for this:
- On Windows download the
rbxpy.exeand on macOS/Linux download
- Locate where the executable has been downloaded to, in my case it is in
- Open up your terminal and
- Make a new
- Edit test.py to your desire, in this example we will write a script that prints the squares of all numbers up to 10.
squares = [num**2 for num in range(100)] print(squares)
./rbxpy test.py -o test.lua -for
./rbxpy.exe test.py -o test.lua -f(the
-fmeans to include python standard functions)
test.luaand also try running it.
Oh yeah, did I mention roblox-ts support!