Roblox Set Archive - An archive of user-created sets from 2010 to 2018

If you’ve been around on Roblox at least around as long as I have, you may remember that Roblox used to have a feature called Sets. You may also remember that the feature quietly disappeared overtime, being excluded from the 2016 catalog redesign and being officially sunsetted in 2018. It used to be a very commonly-used feature for categorizing, using and sharing user-created assets, but unfortunately ended up being neglected overtime.

Around May of last year, while everything relating to sets was gone from the website, the game client endpoints for fetching sets were still functional. I realized that these very likely wouldn’t last much longer (sure enough they didn’t), and so I decided to scrape the data of as many sets as I could. In total, I was able to archive about 1.1 million sets, and I made a nice website to easily browse the archive.

Chances are, you probably remember some of these sets. You may even re-uncover some of the sets you previously owned and used!

Browse the archive here:

55 Likes

When I was about to go there, I got this

1 Like

If you could find the original terrain parts, including the wedge, corner, and any other terrain shapes, that would be perfect. I tried recreating them, and while getting the block version is easy, the textures even from the old studio files just don’t line up correctly…

Terrain parts were handled by the stamper tool itself. Taking a look at the stamper tool model, I found the inverse wedge mesh. The others seem to be standard parts (WedgePart, CornerWedgePart, etc)

Weird, I don’t know what would be causing that. Might be flagging from one of my past projects a long time ago on another subdomain that hosted downloads for software that was frequently falsely flagged, and so is blocking my other subdomains.

Does it include the texturing part? That was my main struggle when I was trying to restore it:

It just doesn’t look right and I couldn’t figure it out.

Nope, looks like that was handled by Roblox’s terrain/MegaCluster system. Seems like you’ll have to find some way to texture it natively.

I assume there’s no way to get that? I have old copies of studio, but idk how to get anything relevant out of it other than textures and basic assets.

This is amazing, thank you so much

I’m so glad someone archived this… I was able to look back at my old sets and rediscover models I’ve been looking for forever. Thank you so freaking much!! :smiley: This is a goldmine of Roblox history & old models, and I hope it can be maintained for the foreseeable future. Pretty upsetting that sets have been left in the dark and barely anyone remembers them.

3 Likes

Looking at the scripts of these sets, I still don’t know why they sometime define “local” and sometimes not.

I cannot see this set here Roblox Set Archive, it contains models 'n such.
Anyone willing to help me out? Thanks.

just wanted to say thank you so much for making this, this is both a really useful resource and a really fun trip down memory lane. it would’ve been such a shame if these were lost forever.

1 Like

you absolute legend. keep up your good services brother.

1 Like

dang haven’t heard of sets in a long time… prob one of the most forgotten things

1 Like

Are you sure this should contain models? This was made in 2017, after the ability to add items to sets was silently removed. No sets from around this time should contain any items.

For some reason typing in ?sid=[CategoryId] for the Sets like “My Models” and “My Decals” will always return a blank page, is this perhaps intentional to stop people from stealing anyone’s recently uploaded Images & Assets?

No, it’s because I just never archived that data.

1 Like

This is a lifesaver, I’m able to view my old sets to find the models I used in my old game many years ago. I never thought to keep a record of them or save them before sets were officially removed. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Wow! 1 million sets!
How much storage does this take up on your servers? And if they go down can we access this elsewhere?
Might be good to have another public backup of this somewhere, for preservation sake.