Roblox Studio Animation Problem

Somewhat, animation editor just stops when ever i click on the movement tools.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it does the same thing.

this should get fix!

3 Likes

Hi, thanks for your report!

This is a known problem and we are working on a fix. In the meantime, you can resolve that by changing the Workspace.SignalBehavior property from Deferred to Default.

Please let us know if you still have issues after making that change.

Cheers!

4 Likes

I put a similar post in design and UI. This work around does not work. I have also restarted studio, and my computer, and tried in a new project file. IK is broken

My post
After the update today 22nd January 2024 I attempted to create a simple animation using the Animation editor. The video below will demonstrate how it is not working.
The steps I took to fix the problem included the following

• Restarted Studio
  • Restarted my computer.
  • Created a new file and repeated the steps with the same result.
  • Repeated the same steps with different avatars.

The steps I took are

1. Open a new baseplate project
  2. Open Rig Builder
  3. Chose an R15 rig (mesh 2016)
  4. Open animation editor (first click usually does nothing, second time it opens)
  5. Select the Rig
  6. Click IK
  7. Enable IK
  8. Select any limb.
    No tool gets selected, the limb is not highlighted in the workspace, and can not switch tools using short cuts (1,2 etc)

If I click on the limb in the workspace I can then select rotate or move and it will register as a keyframe. But IK feature seems to completely not work.

Hello!

The IK problem you’re seeing seems to be something else and we will investigate. In the meantime, as you indicated, you will have to select parts from the viewport.

Our apologies for the inconvenience!

1 Like

Hello again,

This should now work properly again. You might need to restart Studio. Please let me know if you still have issues.

The workaround I posted above related to Workspace.SignalBehavior is unfortunately still needed.

2 Likes

I applied the work around this morning in a new project and it appears to be working. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.