Roblox Studio App Icon Gone - Unable to Open Studio after Update

User Story: I turn on my Macbook Pro and click the Roblox Studio icon to open the application. It prompts an update, so I go ahead and let the update occur. Then the Roblox Studio icon disappears and is replaced by a placeholder application icon.

Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 1.39.33 PM

After clicking the new icon, I get a popup saying “Unable to open Roblox Studio” or something along those lines and then it prompts me to report to Apple about the problem.

Then I uninstall Roblox Studio and reinstall. After reinstallation is complete, the app icon remains like this:

Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 1.39.33 PM

However, now I can open an application session and edit games. However, I am uncomfortable and feel like something is seriously wrong. :frowning:

When: This started happening today after I was prompted to update.
Specs: MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

Followup: When I go to Finder → Application → Roblox Studio, the app icon is normal… So I just removed the bad icon from the dock and added the normal icon to the dock. xD The bug is the part where after the update I was unable to open until uninstall/reinstall process.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed this internally and we’ll follow up here when we have an update for you.

1 Like