ROBLOX Studio as a 64-bit application?

[quote] On Windows, Studio can use up to 4 Gb of RAM on a 64-bit machine. If it takes less memory than that or you don’t have 8+ Gb RAM, 64-bit Studio will not help you.

64-bit Studio is likely to be very similar in terms of performance (slightly faster on some workloads, slightly slower on some other workloads - don’t expect more than 10% difference either way); it is sure to be more memory-hungry, although it’s hard to say how much exactly.

We will slowly transition to 64-bit over time; just don’t treat 64-bit as a magic technology that makes programs better/faster/etc. [/quote]

So then the only significant changes is how large of a file they can handle? (Then again programs execute instructions linearly)

Also, how would multithreading affect Studio in terms of 64-bit?[/quote]
Architecture doesn’t affect multithreading.
CPU cores do.

[quote] Architecture doesn’t affect multithreading.
CPU cores do. [/quote]

My bad for wording it oddly, what I meant to say was can Studio utilize more cores on 64-bit compared to 32? Or does that depend on whether the program is designed to use multiple?

1 Like

[quote] Architecture doesn’t affect multithreading.
CPU cores do. [/quote]

My bad for wording it oddly, what I meant to say was can Studio utilize more cores on 64-bit compared to 32? Or does that depend on whether the program is designed to use multiple?[/quote]

You can do that anyway.

1 Like