Roblox studio | Blank screen while testing

Hello developers, excuse this if this is in the wrong category, I can’t find any other remotely close to studio bugs.

I have been getting this for a while, there is roughly a 60% chance of this happening. When I click “play” Inside studio to test my experience, the screen goes black.

As you can see from the screenshot above, the only thing that can be viewed is the ui, not the place. When I click stop, it does not fix it. I have to restart studio. I was testing this on a small place, it runs fine. I have good internet and good computer specifications.

Would anybody know how to solve this?

Thank you,

11 Likes

viewport has been somewhat broken for me; to “fix it” simply restart Play Mode or Studio several times.

I’m fairly certain that unless they fix this themselves, there is no solution.

I can confirm, the same exact issue happening to me,

2 Likes

I can confirm this happens to me aswell. And almost no activity happens when the screen goes blank. No sounds, no physics. As @kh_834 said,just stop and playtest again.

1 Like

This is the same class of problem as the multiple “docking” issues we’ve been trying to reproduce and fix. Nothing to do with place size or your connection — so not much you can do. I apologize that you have to restart to clear it up.

We have a couple more fixes to be released this week that may resolve this for you. :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

This happens to me too on rare occasions. I’m not affected with any of the docking issues, and I’ve transitioned smoothly to the new docking system.

This happens specifically when playtesting.

1 Like

Can confirm, this happens to me rarely though.

2 Likes

We didn’t get the fixes turned on last week that should help with some of the Play/Test issues. We expect those to go live later this week.

Hello it seems you said few fixes will be released this week that may resolve the problem but I still have this issue, I just got the same issue few seconds ago

Same here, started happening to me yesterday.

hold explorer dock until its visible then place it back.

Basically what i do to fix this is go switch to the Server option at the top and then go back to the client again. I haven’t had any problem with this yet.

Hello @xxibadrxx — thanks for the information. Yes we now think we have a good idea of the issue and it’s unrelated to the docking corruption bugs we’ve been chasing down. We are aware of the problem and looking at it as a high priority. Thankfully it’s been easier to reproduce than the docking issues which means we’re optimistic we can get a fix in much sooner.

1 Like

@weakroblox35 @vectorvolt @xxibadrxx @PosFind @SubtotalAnt8185

We just flipped on the second fix for 3D view not refreshing during Play/Test session a few minutes ago. Please let us know if you continue to see the issue.

If it was happening frequently for you, it would also be nice to hear if you no longer see the issue. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A few weeks after posting my reply, this issue didn’t pop up anymore.
It seems to work as intended for me.

1 Like

Still happens.

The blank screen happens too. I just forgot to grab a screenshot.

Same happens to me, you can just rescale the studio, after what you will be able to see the workspace and everything again without replaying it.

I just got the same issue

Also sometimes after finish testing it become like this

All I recommend is stop play testing and open a script. Once you close it it should take you back to the game and then you can try again.