Roblox Studio camera lag/skip?

I’ve has this issue that my camera is skipping/lagging, this is making it very difficult to move the camera when building.
I’ve has this issue now in over 3 months and I don’t know how to fix it.

PC Stats

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz
  • 12,0 GB RAM
4 Likes

Hi there!
I had the same problem when making my constructions, you can try to use this plugin to have a smooth movement of the camera, it helped me a lot and to date I have had no difficulties with my camera.

Smooth Cam Plugin: Smooth Cam - Roblox

If that doesn’t work you can try using Fps Unlocker for Roblox Studio.

I hope it helps you, Good luck! :v:

What do you have your Studio Settings Graphics Quality set to?
If you try to force it to 21 and you have a lot going on in Studio it may lag, try Automatic instead.

2 Likes

Looks like it was on 21, I took it on automatic and the camera lag is now gone.
Thanks for the help!

Hate to be the person that bumps old threads however the solution didn’t work. Setting graphics to automatic still produces the same camera lag/skipping presented in the OP.

PC specs:

• i5 6600K
  • 16GB RAM
  • RX580 - 8GB
  • Windows 10 Pro
1 Like

Today I got the same problem and it can’t be from lag. I thought first the main problem was from the latest update of Windows 11 that I installed yesterday because being a really unstable OS it was to be expected but seeing you’re post makes me think it’s not.
It can’t be from specs because I have:

• Ryzen 5 4600h
  • 8 Gb Ram
  • GTX 1660-Ti 6Gb
  • Windows 11 Pro Insider Build - 22449.1000

I will still go with checking if the windows is the problem by reverting the update but I don’t think it can be from that.

Yeah, same here.
Don’t know how too fix it yet.

I also thought it was due too the OS (Win 11) but tested on Win 10 and I got the same issue there.

This is very weird but I found it’s from my gaming mouse. I tried moving the trackpad and it works so much better. Then I tried another mouse a crappy office one and it wasn’t lagging so I decided to buy myself a normal mouse or something but in the mean while a fix that makes the engine more useable is increasing the frame limit higher than is normal. I have a 120hz screen normally I had it to 120fps but if I go to 144fps than it becomes so much usable.
You can do that with Axstin’s fps unlocker:
Releases · axstin/rbxfpsunlocker · GitHub

I already have the FPS unlocker, I also have the same issue in-game and I’m setting it to 30FPS and that didn’t fix it

Sorry for bumping a old thread but,

Same issue here. I don’t think it’s lag because I have a FPS unlocker, I’ve even tested by capping to 60, 120 and 144. I also have a FPS Shower.
My Specs are pretty good so I doubt its lag.

Ryzen 5 3600
16GB Ram
GTX 1650 4GB
Windows 10

I tested the solution and while it did improve the general camera quality to an extent, it did not remove the choppiness effect. Smooth cam also just made it smoother, but did not fix the random choppiness. Please fix thanks.
specs:

• Intel i7-4770 3.40 GHz
  • 8 gb ram
  • RTX 2060 6 gb
  • Windows 10 Home version 2004 os build 19041.1237

Update: It was a polling rate issue. I simply decreased the polling rate on my mouse (Corsair Ironclaw) and the camera stopped being janky.
Though, why did the issue happen in the first place, is what I’m wondering? This kind of issue doesn’t happen in the regular Roblox player. The regular Roblox player is completely fine with whatever polling rate. But in Roblox Studio, the camera gets all janky. I don’t know if this is a Roblox issue or a software or hardware issue.

6 Likes

I bring up an old topic, but still. This problem sometimes manifested itself and now it always lags.

Specifications:

• Ryzen 3 4300Ge
  • Ram - 8GB
  • GTX 1050Ti
  • Windows 10 Pro
    Edit: I’m unlocked FPS and this glitch fixed
1 Like

Mine is laggy, FPS unlocker can’t work for me. It keeps lagging every 10 second (FREEZE)

If this is still an issue, then it needs to be brought up with Roblox technical support.