Roblox studio crashing instantly after trying to playtest

When I click the playtest button, the game would load for half a second then studio would instantly close. I’ve tried disabling plugins, changing settings and even re-installing studio but the issue still occurs, so I cant playtest at all.

6 Likes

Perhaps at least one scrtipt breaks the game like that?

Even in empty baseplates it crashes, I dont think it has anything to do with scripts

1 Like

Could you check your Task Manager to see if your computer is using too much RAM, and as a result, requires to close something, eg: Studio?

1 Like

I cant even open task manager, the task manager app itself uses 100% of cpu when I open it, its a random windows 11 glitch

1 Like

How does the crash look like? The Studio closes with no message? Blue Screen of Death? Something else?

I wouldn’t call it this. while yes, it may be a bug on windows 11’s end, it does also show your computer is struggling with something. Possibly try even something simple, such as restarting your PC, or shutting down everything else running, you could be using older hardware and could be limited on ram, with a poor cpu.

I wouldn’t just jump to a conclusion that its just another ‘random windows 11 glitch’.

1 Like

Same here, idk what causes this. I deleted the unnecesary autosave files, team create was not on, changed some of the other things and reinstalled studio. I even uninstalled some of the (for me) sketchy plugins, that just were sitting there. They werent viruses but i didnt use them. Nothing changed.

Not only windows 11, windows 10 too. I can’t do anything in studio

1 Like

I would boil it down to that your pc is showing age. Studio is (/was when I last used it) pretty ram heavy and cpu dependent. You may have an old pc that’s struggling, so you may want to shut down some background processes such as your browser

2 Likes

My cpu runs perfectly fine, it’s the task manager app itself thats using up the cpu when I open it, when its closed everything runs fine

2 Likes

When I press the play button the mouse cursor turns to the loading one for half a second then studio just closes, almost like pressing the X button to close the tab, no messages or anything.

2 Likes

You can try to reset Studio settings and see if it helps.

Otherwise, try to contact @Bug-Support for this.

1 Like

Resetting the settings didnt work, Ill try contact Bug Support and see where that gets me.

1 Like

What (for now) worked for me, was just RUNNING multiple times (5-10 or more) the game, it probably is a client-side bug.

1 Like

When you say that, do you mean spamming the play button or continuously trying again until it doesnt crash?

1 Like

UPDATE - When playtesting on a local server with 2 players, both client’s games run normally, after doing this playtesting by myself is working, I have no clue why.

Edit - It crashed again after playtesting a couple of more times

1 Like

Note For other people, in case they try it out: No, just run, wait a couple seconds so everything loads, leave and repeat.

We really gotta see some computer specs in this post, as they are most definitely relevant.

How to find your computer specs

Press Windows Key + S
Type “Task Manager”, and open it.
Click “More details” on the bottom left if it’s not expanded.
Click the “Performance” top near the top left.
Check these out and tell us what the CPU speed (and base speed), Total memory, and GPU (if available) is.

I’ve tested this on my most demanding place by playtesting three times, but I haven’t encountered this bug, furthermore, during normal operations while working on a local file and playtesting a lot, I also haven’t encountered this alleged bug.

I really wanna see if this is due to system specs playing a part.

Though, given more thought, if you can’t even open task manager, there may be something else going on with your computer.

I have had this problem on my main PC, god tired of it and switched to my laptop, which has the same problem as well.

My PC Specs:
i5 12400
16 Gigs Ram DDR4 3200mhz
Radeon RX 570 4GB of Vram
600w Silver Corsair Power Supply

My Laptop Specs:
i5 13420H
24 Gigs ram DDR4 3200mhz
Nvidia RTX 3060 6GB of Vram

At first I thought my Radeon graphics card was creating these issues (because it always did for any program I used), so I swapped to my laptop, but still the same issue happens again with an Nvidia card (not saying that its both the graphics card’s faults but I was just guessing)

1 Like