Roblox studio crashing when opening specific scripts

Reproduction Steps

Reproduction Steps:

Put the .rbxm file into ServerScriptService and open the MainModule file under the script.

System Information:

MacOS Ventura
Apple 24 inch iMac M1 2021

Beta Features:

None.

Reproduction Files:

In private message.

Expected Behavior

When opening the MainModule in ServerScriptService studio should crash immediately.

If everything was working correctly: The script should open normally and can be edited and committed like normal.

Actual Behavior

When opening the module script studio crashes without even displaying the script or freezing.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Crashing
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-12-09 00:12:00 (+00:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-12-29 00:12:00 (+00:00)
A private message is associated with this bug report

4 Likes

Interesting. Do you have the “Scripts are strict by default” beta feature enabled? Does your script have type-checking enabled? If not, this is a bug that I’ve never seen before.

Otherwise, disabling that feature should fix the issue for you. Certain snippets of code cause type checking to crash studio for some reason.

I dont have any beta features enabled and type-checking is disabled

I’ve also heard reports that if your module has any odd tables in it, Roblox might persist to crash in specific snippets of code, even without type-checking. This might be due to the type-checking function running in the background. Do the crash logs say something like “StartProcessException…” and then studio crashes?

Do you still experience this issue?
We’ve updated a few things that fix issues in this area in the new Studio release, but if it still happens, we would like to know.

1 Like

Ive been able to open the script now, haven’t had the issue again yet. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.