Roblox Studio crashing when trying to import

hello I’ve been facing this problem for a week now and i couldn’t find anything about it, and i couldn’t post on bug report.

what is happening is when i try to import my model/mesh into my game using Bulk import from the Asset manager, it opens my computer navigation tab thing for a couple of seconds and then Roblox Studio crashes completely, here is a video:

i went to the log file, and i found out this is what causing the crash:

2022-11-29T13:13:24.806Z,42.806477,3210,6 [FLog::Error] QtMessage_Fatal: Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (5.15.1) with this library (5.15.3)

i don’t know what Qt is, tried to search everywhere couldn’t find anything helpful.

what i tried so far :
restarting my pc
reinstalling roblox studio
removing all roblox related files from appdata and installing it again
tried to import in different places/games
i asked a friend who is in my team create to try and import something and it worked normally for him

My system info :-
CPU : Intel(R) Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
Memory : 16GB
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

6 Likes

We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database for this issue, and we will be back as soon as we have updates!

Thanks for the report!

2 Likes

check your extensions you know they are some dangerous.

i dont understand, what extensions?

Hi Tamor,
Our guess is you have some sort of filesystem extension installed on your machine, which is running upon dialog open, and causing this issue.
We may be able to take steps to mitigate on our end, but easiest solution would be for you to find / disable this extension.
If this is a new issue have you installed any new system utilities recently? e.g. something to zip/unzip files or display previews for a certain filetype, or provide you with an extra interaction layer for blender? If so uninstalling this may solve this issue.
If you do not recall installing any such program, could you send a screenshot of what your right click menu looks like when you right click on a model file, or even just a png. This often gives some clues about any extensions you may have installed.

@PoshKiwi
i dont recall installing any extensions to my computer, isnt extensions only for browsers?

i dont know if thats what you meant by right clicking a file, sorry im confused

how can i find installed extensions so i can remove them?

Can confirm this is happening to me as well.

For me its when I insert new models, my server connection gets messed up. Wifi is great. 335mbps download speed, 11.6mbps upload. It stays in this state for over 20-30 minutes and I am unable to save the game.

I also can confirm it is hogging by upload bandwidth during this disconnection time, almost like it is constantly trying to ping the server but failing, so it keeps looping the upload. My upload speeds plummet to 0.31mbps during the entire 20-30 minute upload attempt.

Before inserting model:

After inserting model (from file or copy/paste):

Team create is on and I have been having this issue on and off for the past few days on different places.

Since I am experiencing a similar issue, I figured I would chime in as well with my results in case it helps. I am not sure if “RobloxStudioBeta” is an official application in the Roblox files, or if its some extension that got downloaded somehow.

Roblox model file type:

Roblox place file type:

1 Like

I am having this issue as well for importing meshes into studio from blender. I have not changed anything out of the usual nor have I added any extensions. Sometimes I am able to change the name of the file and I save it as and it works when I attempt to import it. This is still an annoying issue and if any solutions are found please let me know!

1 Like

I am having the same exact issue this post describes! For me this started occurring in around October, and it happens only when I try to bulk import .obj files into studio via the asset manager. Most of the time it crashes exactly when you try to open the file explorer, as the video shows above, however sometimes for me it’ll work but once I click to view documents instead of downloads–or vice versa–it’ll crash.

I’ve tried the following:

• waiting for studio to update :x:
  • reinstalling studio and ROBLOX player :x:
  • migrating most of my files onto a USB :x:
  • reinstalling Blender :x:
  • creating a new place/game :x:
  • reorganizing my files :x:/:o:?

^ I noticed when the file explorer opened in studio via the asset manager, it had defaulted to opening the documents first. I thought maybe I had overcrowded that specific place in my files, so I threw all of my document files into my download files. It worked originally, but after a few bulk imports the old issue began recurring.

Importing .rbxm files and single meshes works perfectly fine though haha. From what I’m aware, I do not have any extensions on my computer that would be cause for the crashes; my computer is quite new and runs great on everything, I’ve only really had issues with bulk importing into studio itself.

I’ve been doing a lot of commissions lately, so these crashes really get in the way! I feel bad 'cause I don’t necessarily have the time to import and/or troubleshoot issues of up to 300+ .objs individually.

Please let me know if any solutions are found or if I could do anything else to help

PNG

.RBXM

.OBJ

.ZIP

I have solved the issue I was facing by connecting an ethernet cable to my computer instead of using my USB WiFi adapter. I have not had this issue since the moment I did this, I believe your internet download/upload speed was the reason I had this issue.

Any news on this? I have the exact same error, “Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (5.15.1) with this library (5.15.3)” and can’t figure out what to do.

I am also experiencing this. Interesting that it never got fixed.

Do you still encounter this issue? If yes, could you provide some logs, please?

after having the problem for a couple of weeks i formatted my pc and it worked again and i didnt have any crashes after, and now i have a new pc and I’ve been using studio for couple of months and no crashes, but TODAY it started happening again!, when i click import the game crashes and closes.
the only thing i downloaded to my computer last was unity and visual studio, but i dont see how these can cause a problem.
please fix it already

2 Likes

I am experiencing this too, when I was uploading a module script.

Experiencing something similar. When I try to publish/upload an asset to a group, it sometimes hard crashes. It’s annoying, getting stuck at around 94% and then completely stopping, freezing for a few seconds and then studio booting itself out of existence without any prior warning.

It’s rather debilitating because I can’t seem to upload anything for the game I’m in, so I’m forced to do it in the main game’s studio instead of being able to insert what I need for a one time event to happen in the game.

I’m also experiencing studio closing. It happens when I try to upload models.

Facing the same exact issue here, happened yesterday. It was working just fine the night before, and I published models, but when I woke up to publish the updated model, it crashed and started reoccurring.

1 Like