Roblox studio detected as trojan

i wish they didnt force us to update and let us pick the version we want to install. instead of pushing untested versions to us .

17 Likes

Likewise! Exact same warning message, too.

13 Likes

Woah yeah same here. I was in the middle of starting up a local server for playtesting when I was hit with 5 windows notifs and studio crashing. Got the same exact message too.

13 Likes

On dev forum can you download malicious files since everyone can share links and let people download things and you know the hackers on Roblox

12 Likes

Roblox DEFINITELY added something that windows did NOT enjoy. It should at least come up with a mild severity rating but this is set at severe. I had to reinstall studio because I thought it might of corrupted somehow, yet here I am reading a dev forum post.

[EDIT: Im currently doing a full scan on my device and I have found multiple severe threats coming from ROBLOX studio, this might be more dangerous then you think so for the mean time I HIGHLY recommend you to uninstall ROBLOX studio entirely as there is a possibility that a real trojan is on the studio client as from I can see the client is extremely risky to use as of now.]

15 Likes

Good news: just found out that everyone getting this problem just hasn’t updated Windows. I just updated and having no issues so far.
Check for updates in settings and you’ll be good to go :slight_smile:

7 Likes

After updating it still detects the trojan for me

11 Likes

Same here, the antivirus blocks me from accessing the studio and detects it as a trojan.

7 Likes

still detected as trojan after updating

7 Likes

this occured to me recently, roblox studio just had an update, i hope staff respond to this issue as soon as possible.

5 Likes

Still detected as a trojan virus after updating it :unamused:

6 Likes

I hope it will get better as soon as possible, I’m waiting for the news from roblox :confused:

6 Likes

Man I can’t even open it what is going on

4 Likes

I am having this issue as well.

4 Likes

Having this issue too, studio is quarantined at the moment

5 Likes

this is the fix for windows 11

5 Likes

Want to make this clear: Roblox Studio does not have a trojan/virus- most likely some change in the new version has some code that is triggering a false positive.

8 Likes

Same thing guys, had this too after update.

6 Likes

I’m also experiencing this virus whenever I launch the RobloxStudioLauncherBeta, but now for the question: Is this virus safe?

Or do we wait until staff sorts this out?

7 Likes

Same thing is happening to me now, same title, same details, unsure why this issue is effecting all of us but I’m getting the same Microsoft notifications and can’t even open Studio at this point to work on a project I have been assigned.

5 Likes