Roblox Studio does not let me select certain parts

So I was thinking to meself today, “I wonder when roblox studio will properly work, I mean, the company has billion dollars to invest in it and it’s only been about 10+ years since it launched to the public”
And as man was thinking I noticed that I am unable to select certain parts within me roblox studio game.

Here’s a video showcasing the issue:
No I do not have any idea how to replicate this bug, I do have a theory however that this issue is related to how Folders/Groups in ROBLOX studio have 1 single hitbox for all objects.
Although I really can’t figure out how to stop this or even begin describing what’s causing it.

Oh yeah, this might not be the correct category to post this but there’s nowhere else I find fittin’ to post it. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Anyways thank you and have fun fixing it.

3 Likes

I’m so burned out from this and i’m thinking if it’s even worth continuing

Is the Locked property true for any of the objects? If so, you won’t be able to select the parts from the viewport. You will have to look for the objects in the Explorer to check the Locked property

That’s the first thing I made sure wasn’t turned on.
No, the Locked property is turned off for everything, to make sure I even went and clicked ‘Unlock all’.

2 Likes

I have this issue too sometimes, relaunching studio fixes it usually.

ive restarted it like 5 times before recording the video

Is this post related? Maybe this update interfered with your selection? Maybe post your issue there.

definitely could be
I also have a hard time understanding why one would want to press CTRL+A to select EVERYTHING in workspace. My game has like over 10k parts which I do not want to select but I press CTRL+A by accident lmao
oh also the lock tool is also broken, entirely, no icon to detect whether a part is locked or not, and the selection boxes glitch entirely when I try to use the lock tool. (they just remain there forever until i restart studio)
I’ve posted about that one too but my post got flagged cause why the hell not lmao and the reason for the flag was that it was not in the correct topic when i’m pretty sure i posted it in the same topic as this one

Have you tried to re-install Studio?

yes, i have tried that too, but alas, the issue started happening again after some time.

1 Like

I would, if you have the patience, disable your plugins one at a time, one of them might be interfering with your studio selection. Good luck

still not fixed sadly. even with all plugins disabled it still happens. oh and it only happens in that specific place. no other place has this issue

Coming back from my grave to post this:
edit: issue still here, but i locked ONE part in the workspace, that actually made everything BUT THESE PARTS UNSELECTABLE LOL WHAT?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.