Roblox Studio Dragger Issue

Reproduction Steps
When any of my developers including myself go into Studio and attempt to drag or resize a part, Studio freezes up and no movement happens. See video for the exact problem.

Unsure what is causing this and how to resolve it. It only happens in this specific game where my developers collaborate and work on it: https://www.roblox.com/games/2706910171/

Unsure if related, but team create crashes within every 5-10 minutes as well, but I assume its the 180K+ part count overloading it, which is understandable.

Expected Behavior
I expect the above issue to be resolved.

Actual Behavior
I wouldn’t be able to explain the exact steps to reproduce it. This problem randomly started to occur.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Freezing
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
A private message is associated with this bug report

3 Likes

Have you checked if collisions were enabled for the dragger? That may be what’s causing this.

1 Like

Collisions are not on, but even if they were, it should not cause studio to freeze up.

1 Like

Assuming this is the Firestone V3 map (looks gorgeous btw) I do got to admit it is definitely a pretty large map

I’m not sure if you have autosaved enabled or not but saving a map that large could have a part in it, especially if you’re saving it every 5 - 10 minutes.

Now, this may also may not entirely be related but It could have a part in it I personally would check the game’s voxel count as my team and I had started experiences crashing issues daily in our team create on a map with roughly 400 - 700 million voxels.

I know mayflowers map is roughly around 150 - 200 million voxels which is fairly decent going off the size of the map so they wouldn’t really get any crashing issues but I know for sure attempting to go anything above 700+ million voxels you may start to notice both In-game and studio crashing.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

5 Likes

@FedoraMasterB98
Hi Fed!

I’m an engineer at Roblox investigating this issue.

It would be great if we could get access to the game in which it happens to understand how and why it occurs.

Can you give me access?

Thank you for reporting this issue, and I hope we can fix it on our end!

2 Likes

So @tnavarts reached out to me and was given access and experienced the issue as well. We have since resolved the issue by moving everything over to a new game manually, however I still have the old place with the issue still present, for any Roblox Staff interested in investigating it to prevent this from happening in the future. It is still unknown what is causing it. Shoot me a message on here and I’ll provide my Discord and give some details of how to get access.

Hello, i am still having this problem. Just like you i randomly started, and i keep dragging but my roblox studio just freezes, after a while it comes back but it hasn’t moved the model. It keeps happening, weirdly enough rotating does work.

Any update on this?

Just to add, by typing in an amount i want to move it by, it does move. It is only freezing when i initialy try clicking/dragging the gizmo arrow.

@tnavarts Ping because I think you’re working on Dragger stuff right now.

Do you have the Dragger QoL improvements beta feature on?

1 Like

Yes, the problem you’re having is probably having too many soft snaps if you have the beta on. The Studio update on the 14th will have a big batch of fixes for the beta including a fix for that problem.

1 Like

Ah nice to hear that it is being worked on, it fixed itself yesterday morning, but i now have some lagg again. Thank you guys :smiley:

Yeah i just turned the Dragg QoL Improvements off in another save and its very smooth now. I’ll be doing that for now.