Roblox Studio Failing to Launch

Reproduction Steps

I have no idea how to reproduce it - it just started happening last night (1/13/23). I cannot open Roblox Studio without this window appearing: ‘An unexpected error occurred and Roblox needs to quit. We’re sorry!’

Uninstalling and re-installing Studio doesn’t fix the problem.

Expected Behavior

Studio to launch normally. This sentence is just so I can pass the character requirement.

Actual Behavior

Studio completely fails to launch. The Studio logo appears, a white window appears, and then the error window appears.

Workaround

No workaround - I cannot work on my game until I find a way to fix it

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Crashing
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2023-01-13 22:01:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2023-01-14 00:01:00 (-05:00)
A private message is associated with this bug report

6 Likes

Roblox is just having issues right now, I was working in Studio and the playtest loading has messed up badly, try waiting it out.

This is why we should rethink about forcing team create…

1 Like

I have had something similar happen that also started to happen last night, though I’m not sure if they’re related. When I try to open a second studio, one of two things will happen. I either get a blank grey screen where the viewport should be, or the viewport opens in its own tab, separate from the rest of the studio, and I have no way of interacting with it. Again, I’m not sure if these two bugs are related, but I think it’s ironic they both started to occur at the same time.

Waiting it out won’t do anything, because like he said, it started to happen yesterday. Usually Roblox only has issues on Saturdays when everyone’s online, not during a Friday. Plus, if you check the status page, everything is fully operational in the studio (as of 12:23 PM, anyways).

1 Like

Roblox Studio is filled with issues and you might want to reinstall your operating system which may fix the problem.

Have you tried the traditional way to fix studio?

1 Like

I keep having an error message with the ID number 1208591409522791873, whatever that means. Mine starts fine but constantly just randomly crashes in the middle of my work sessions. I haven’t been able to find anyone talking about it though so maybe it’s a different issue?

What computer do you have? Looks like an old 90’s UI

Thanks for the report! We’ll investigate.

2 Likes

I cannot start my Studio - I get message “Failed to load settings with 502. Please restart Studio or contract support if problem persists”.
I reinstalled the studio but the problem persists.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

5 Likes

Yeah I’ve been having the same issue, it’s reoccurring as well.

Hi all, there’s a number of reasons why this can occur - either an errant crash (which we will revert changes to fix), an outage, or in some cases a corrupted install. If a reinstall does not fix the issue, please submit a new bug with a log which will help us resolve it. New persistent startup crashes on systems that were previously working can also sometimes be the result of new driver installations. In some cases, Studio will never start on a particular system also because of drivers. We can take a look at logs, but especially in the case of older hardware there may not be much we can do.