Roblox Studio font is barely readable

I assume this isn’t by design considering it is nearly impossible to read at a glance what is written around studio. Luckily a lot of things have icons, however for everything else, it’s extremely difficult to maneuver around the tools.

This is really hurting the accessibility of Roblox studio and most importantly, the duration of the development session. It’s only been about an hour and I can feel the eye strain.

System information:

• Windows 11
  • 3440 x 1440 Screen resolution
  • AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2920x
  • RTX 2070 Super

Expected behavior

At the very least, we should have an option for the font in the Roblox studio settings, however I couldn’t find anything. I expect Roblox studio to be accessible for everyone, I know for a fact one member of my team who has dislexia will hardly be able to deal with anything he’s not familiar with until this has changed.

28 Likes

Does the output font work correctly? The default font is Fira Mono for the console but I honestly have no idea on which font Studio uses.
It is a font issue (probably because it isnt installed correctly). A Studio reinstall will most likely fix the issue.

4 Likes

The output and the script editor font is fine. I have Fira Mono installed on my computer.

Reinstalling Roblox Studio doesn’t fix the issue either.

Having the time of my life editing those properties /s

4 Likes

Hi, do you have either application or screen scaling enabled? Custom scaling range?

5 Likes

My Windows display scale is at 100% and I don’t have any scaling on the application.

It seems to have fixed itself when I reinstalled the latest version with roblox studio mod manager. I can’t seem to reproduce it anymore.

I’ll keep you updated if it starts happening again.

5 Likes

Hello.
I am suffering from the same issue.
Until about 2 months ago, the font was displayed nicely, but now, as you can see, the font is too thin and difficult to read.
I know Studio probably relies on the Windows system font, but is there any way to change the Studio font on my own?
So far I have only found a way to change the font in the script editor.

7 Likes

No, also studio doesn’t use Segoe UI or Segoe UI Variable (windows default fonts), it uses Source Sans Pro.

3 Likes

I reinstalled Studio, but the symptoms did not improve.
I will give up assuming that it is a problem specific to the Japanese version.

6 Likes

But from v550 to v554, it does use the Windows system font on the Explorer and Properties widgets

3 Likes

That is when the Studio Design Refresh phase 2 (new icons) was rolled out to all users in late October last year.

3 Likes

Yes, I didn’t notice that previously, thanks!
However it seems to be only on the titles.

3 Likes

But previously, the Segoe UI font was applied to the whole Explorer and Properties widget, not just the title bar

3 Likes

Photo for proof:

IMG_0076

I grabbed an screenshot from a now unlisted devforum topic

5 Likes

Cool but however, you can see only the Segoe UI font is acting as expected.

3 Likes

I’m not entirely sure, but could the guys sue maybe be that your computer is in Japanese?

3 Likes

I hope this gets fixed soon. This happened recently to me and I actually can’t get work done now. It’s almost impossible to read.

Edit: Managed to fix this by uninstalling Studio, uninstalling my video drivers and then restarting my PC and reinstalling studio again.

2 Likes

I was having the same issue a few minutes ago. I remember coming across this topic in the past, so I knew this had occurred for others before.

All I had to do to fix it was uninstall Roblox Studio, restart my PC, and reinstall it. I hope this helps for others encountering the same problem.

2 Likes

not the best way to do it but sure I’ll reinstall studio

1 Like

bro no way, i had it fixed after i reinstalled studio but now after rebooting my windows, it is back to being whatever font it is

2 Likes

Hi there, is it possible for you to post before/after screen shots of the fixed/not fixed version?

1 Like