Roblox Studio font is barely readable

But from v550 to v554, it does use the Windows system font on the Explorer and Properties widgets

3 Likes

That is when the Studio Design Refresh phase 2 (new icons) was rolled out to all users in late October last year.

3 Likes

Yes, I didn’t notice that previously, thanks!
However it seems to be only on the titles.

3 Likes

But previously, the Segoe UI font was applied to the whole Explorer and Properties widget, not just the title bar

3 Likes

Photo for proof:

IMG_0076

I grabbed an screenshot from a now unlisted devforum topic

5 Likes

Cool but however, you can see only the Segoe UI font is acting as expected.

3 Likes

I’m not entirely sure, but could the guys sue maybe be that your computer is in Japanese?

3 Likes

I hope this gets fixed soon. This happened recently to me and I actually can’t get work done now. It’s almost impossible to read.

Edit: Managed to fix this by uninstalling Studio, uninstalling my video drivers and then restarting my PC and reinstalling studio again.

2 Likes

I was having the same issue a few minutes ago. I remember coming across this topic in the past, so I knew this had occurred for others before.

All I had to do to fix it was uninstall Roblox Studio, restart my PC, and reinstall it. I hope this helps for others encountering the same problem.

2 Likes

not the best way to do it but sure I’ll reinstall studio

1 Like

bro no way, i had it fixed after i reinstalled studio but now after rebooting my windows, it is back to being whatever font it is

2 Likes

Hi there, is it possible for you to post before/after screen shots of the fixed/not fixed version?

2 Likes

Hi all - if you are experiencing this issue we believe it to be a setting issue on the local machine (hence the fix from driver/studio reinstall). If you are experiencing this, can you please check:

• DPI/Scaling settings for the machine and/or the app specifically
  • Driver settings for the machine/app, specifically anti-aliasing

Let us know here if you have this with a screen shot, and what kinds of settings you have.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I got this same issue today after restarting PC. The script editor looks fine, the output, popups and toolbox too. Everything else is unreadable

My windows scaling is 100%, changing it doesn’t help. Enabling/disabling anti-aliasing and scaling in the Nvidia control panel doesn’t help either.

• Windows 11
  • 2560 x 1440
  • GTX 970
  • Latest GeForce driver 536.4
1 Like

Hi, thanks for getting back - can you check your High DPI settings on a per app basis:

Do you have any overrides?

Also, some systems have a “ClearType” properties window - do you have any settings there (Look for “Personalization->Font” in settings)

Last thing would be to please DM a log from starting studio with this, and a screenshot if you can.

Thanks!

1 Like

I solved my problem by installing latest windows updates KB5029263 and KB5028948.

No, I don’t have any overrides and ClearType settings.

Thanks for the help :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for sharing - at this point it for sure feels this is an OS level issue, so we can have some of these solutions here as a reference for others seeing the same problem. If someone ends up with a reproducible, 100% consistent case please let us know.

3 Likes

I just started having this problem after my machine crashed.
https://i.imgur.com/lWiVy8F.png - Make sure to view it at 100% scale to see effect.

Settings: (Were turned on/off and Roblox Studio restarted each time. E.g. Each state of each setting was tested and Studio restarted for each state.)
Clear Type settings: Custom settings or off, no difference.
Turned off scaling: no difference. (Was simply 150% for the higher resolution monitor, no application-specific scaling.)
No DPI adjustments.

Windows 10. No pending updates.
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060 (Updated drivers. No difference)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 Ti
1 3840x2160 monitor & 3 1080p. Issue is consistent on each.

Will DM last log. I can also DM a log from before the issue occurred.

4 Likes

For those coming to this bug report again, I’ll mark it as resolved. It seems to still happen, as far as I know it’s caused by a Windows update corrupting the roblox fonts.

Just uninstall everything of Roblox studio and reinstall it until it works again👍

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.