ROBLOX Studio Freezes And Consumes RAM Over Time After Stopping Play-Test

When I try to leave play-testing in ROBLOX Studio, it freezes, stops responding, and will slowly eat up all of my RAM. Below is an image depicting ROBLOX Studio taking all my RAM:

And here is a video of the issue occurring:

I’d say the most likely culprit is the spawn script itself, which can be found in the place file provided:
JasonSpawnIssue.rbxl (177.4 KB)
Unfortunately, the issue cannot be replicated in this place file, and only occurs in mine for whatever reason.

My specifications are the following:
Ryzen 9 5950x
RAM: 128GB
GPUs: RTX 4060 TI 8GB, RTX 4070 TI 12GB (Primary GPU is the RTX 4060 TI)

Beta features enabled:
Everything except the new camera controls

Expected behavior

Expectations: Script spawns Jason Voorhees in every 2 minutes.

Reality: Script spam-spawns Jason Voorhees every second and crashes ROBLOX Studio whenever I try to leave play-testing mode.

I’d like to apologize if this may have been formatted improperly. I’ve not posted a Bug Report in years. While I have solved the problem myself by fixing the script’s code, the problem of freezing itself still remains.

2 Likes

So I’m trying out the game and nothing is happening when I press play.

2 Likes

Exactly. I already stated nothing happens in that file, but I think it was required for me to put it there.

1 Like

Update: I tried editting the script and pressed play and my game crashed and my ram increased so I’m pretty sure it is the script

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! Could you please provide logs and a microprofiler dump? You can find how to do that and how to send us the files here: How to post a Bug Report - Bug Reports - Developer Forum | Roblox

1 Like

From the logic this script is going to spam anytime the current time ends in 2,4,6,8. I would just set the wait to (120) to get what you want. I did see the spawning occur, but I did not see Studio lockup when I hit stop.