Roblox Studio freezes when i access one of my games while a script is open

This is a support category for asking questions about how to get something done on the Roblox websites or how to do something on Roblox applications such as Roblox Studio.

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? I don’t need to achieve anything i need studio to not freeze

2. What is the issue? when i access one of my games while it has a script open it freezes, its more like when it try’s to load the toolbox (which i never use), it freezes and i have to kill it

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    yes

Here are some screenshots:

yea, i dont want people to see my script, dont ask why
specs:

used most of my ram (8.00GB)

any solutions?

1 Like

If you don’t tell us how the script is composed, we really can’t help you. The script determines the server and player’s behavior.

For example, this script can crash any game:

while true do
   print(2+2)
end

This is because the game continually spams the server with 4 on the output, and it will crash the game in it’s totality.

1 Like

i cant give you the script, but i can tell you what it does, so it basically creates a canvas of gui frames of 50p res when it does that it wont lag since i optimized it alot, then it gets rgb stuff from my server script that fetches a server hosted in my backend then after it colours the pixels of some images (the images are screenshots of my screen then it runs them with renderstepped in a loop, when it does this i dont lag, the script operates in a localscript in startergui.

when i change it to 144p it will lag abit but not much to crash the game.

this code would be such thing as ‘livestreaming screen in roblox’

i assume theres a issue with studio itself because it wouldn’t be livestreaming if i open studio since i have to run the game for it to livestream.

sorry if my vocabulary sounds bad but im sure ill figure something out

1 Like

i might reinstall studio see if it helps

1 Like