Roblox studio in the browser | Took 2+ years to make, please give feedback!

Alright, so this might be a lot to got through, is I kind of thought the same thing but it’s not as easy as it seems

Basically, for the editor alone I had to search through GitHub and use chrome devtools to inspect the requests made. For example the API to upload places.

The problem is that Roblox likes to do a lot of quirky little things that take a while to get over. Such as I designed this editor to work with .rbxlx files which are human readable xml versions, except the fact that Roblox mainly uses .rbxl which is binary based. I had to find a way in which I did to convert one to another.

Another thing is I one of had to fully reverse engineer Roblox’s sign up page to create sessions since these apis require a .ROBLOSECURITY cookie. This is why it took years to make this and there are a lot of things that I have not mentioned so far.

Trust me, it’s not as easy as it seems

3 Likes

I’m already pretty busy with a lot of stuff but I am working trying to resign it and make close to and maybe one day better than Roblox studio.

Oh yeah btw, there will be custom theme support in the future
:upside_down_face:

And it also kind of acts as a proxy to places where Roblox is blocked

1 Like

Haha I never said it was easy :smile: wow but grate work I’ll try to do it too, even if it has to take years cause it’s very interesting . The only concern for me is the legal stuff I’m not sure about it I’ll read about it . But yeah keep it up man :point_up:

1 Like

oh yea, about the scripts basically as long as you keep the tab open it should be available to edit because the file is just stored in the ram so it should be fine.

I’ve been working on something similar, albeit a bit worse for the past month for mobile, and yours is just amazing, I can’t wait to see the progress on your project!

3 Likes

Man if any of this ends up becoming a reliable project and completely functional I’ll never be thankful enough, being able to script and work from my phone is something i always wanted, keep up the good work!

3 Likes

im working on roblox studio mobile app but better design, but how do I get the information of player using APIs I’m new to this

edit : i forgot to tell I’ll use this for small testing projects like you just learnt smth but you don’t have access to pc

1 Like

https://users.roblox.com/docs/index.html

1 Like

Do you know about the outage of studio, does this work still?
Srry for late reply cuz didn’t get a notification cuz in the bug report for outage (privated now) was crazy and broke forum servers (300+ replies in 12 minutes)

1 Like

I believe that it still works even with the outage.

1 Like

surprisingly, this version works with editing and game uploads, even with the outage

1 Like

Does this work with 3d game rendering

1 Like

Not gonna lie I’m a bit burnt out but I’m starting to get back.

Right now, I’m trying to reverse engineer team create to get it working on it

Also, I have to reverse engineer Roblox’s captcha system

The way it’s going to work when I launch is that you complete a captcha and it creates a temporary guest account and I’m waiting until Roblox releases a place download API for open cloud for you to sync your games

I don’t want to create a login system because it is way to sketchy to ask for a username and password nowadays

1 Like

Does it work for both rblx and rbxlx formats or just one bc mine works with both and it took a while to implement

1 Like

For now it only works with the rbxlx format, but I’m planning implementing the binary rbxl format soon!

No rendering atm , but i was planning to make it sort of like a 2D ui editor with sprites and things

data.roblox.com stopped working because roblox deprecated it
I’ll have to look into another endpoint to upload xml with .ROBLOSECURITY

1 Like

i had troubles with that aswell, so i had to turn to OpenClouds place publishing, although you have to manually add an api key for each game you want to publish

I’m reverse engineering that endpoint, it’s weird because it is meant for binary publishing not xml publishing, so idk, I think I need to find a way to get it to work

1 Like

This is very, very interesting. You should def make it open source on GitHub and you’ll have contributors. Moreover, @boterflic5 and you could collaborate if you feel like it.

1 Like