Roblox studio in the browser | Took 2+ years to make, please give feedback!

So, around 2021, I got the idea to remake roblox studio using html, js, and css and I stopped working on the project around 2023, but just found it. I fixed it up and made sure it works and modernized it a bit. This took a lot of work to make and in my opinion is one of the biggest projects in roblox.

Please give your feedback here

71 Likes

Why would you use this instead of Roblox Studio?

7 Likes

It was designed to basically be used for people that can’t access it such as mobile users and people on platforms such as linux

17 Likes

The UI could use some work, my question is does it actually like work? Could you publish these games, or is that something you plan to do or sm in the future?

6 Likes

Wow! How did you get all the endpoints and send it to localhost and how did you get the information to render the 3D view!?

Nice work. Particularly about the scripts: does it work offline where you’re able to edit them and when you go back online, it will sync the changes?

5 Likes

yeah, ik the ui is bad because now i plan to remake but make it more modern

7 Likes

So basically it is a complex process where i publish the game to roblox, use the api to start up a roblox server and use HttpService to communicate back 3d information back to the website in real time

6 Likes

Well its wonderful! Keep up the great work! Although you might run into legal problems so try and steer clear of that in anyway that you can!
Best of luck!

5 Likes

not really because it just uses the roblox api and parses it, it just another way to access roblox studio

8 Likes

Regarding the legal problems stuff, @SpoostyGuy I think you can steer clear of it by making an accompanying plugin and provide offline editing abilities.

So it wouldn’t copyright really, since it’s more of something that “builds on top of” rather than “replacing.”

6 Likes

rojo and other apps use the Roblox platform and could run into copyright issues, i probablly won’t have to worry about it

4 Likes

i plan to make this open source, to let developers know how the roblox platforms and some of it’s inner workings kinda work a bit, because this uses a lot of the roblox api in ways to get this to work.

7 Likes

Rojo is an example of what I mentioned as “create plugin and build on top of”. If you do something similar, no problem for you!

5 Likes

Well if you ever release it, message me and I’ll be some of your first users.

5 Likes

alright, it will probably be a while because it is such a buggy mess right now because roblox broke and made some stuff unreliable

4 Likes

Wow! This is really impressive, and I am not really an expert in web design, so how did you make the viewport?
(The UI reminds me of a mobile game lol)

4 Likes

wdym, the renderer where the 3d objects show up?

it’s three.js, search it up

5 Likes

This is very good. Well done! Would mobile users be able to access this if it releases, and could they create full games on it?

6 Likes

yeah, that’s what it’s made for, right now, it is not comfortable to use for moble but in the future i will change that

5 Likes

Hey, I love it! Some weeks ago, when I took the plane to go on Holliday, I could not take my computer ( to expensive as I’m now in a country with less security and I don’t wanna loose it ). So now I can not work on my projects and commissions ( I only mind map everything ). I could bring my iPad with me but it’s inconvenient as there is no studio on it. And so I had the idea : why not create Roblox studio but for the iPad? So for 2 weeks i have been thinking of this and now what : I find your post lol. But really grate project , just some question: is there a doc for that api or you really grabbed it catching the requests? What are you using to render the triangles? Are textures supported? And if you need any help, i can work on it with u ( or just wait till u open source so ill see how it works ) . I have exp, same for Ui.
But overall I love that project , keep it up.

2 Likes