Roblox studio in the browser | Took 2+ years to make, please give feedback!

just three.js
nah rtx in the browser is crazy

It IS crazy but you don’t have to use raytracing in a browser. lol
But I just liked to point out that it is possible.

Babylon.js is a lot more advanced and feature-rich than Three.js if I recall.
It might be worth looking into, I heavily recommend it for rendering game graphics.

Three.js is more for visualizing things, it can be used for rendering video game graphics but it was not it’s original purpose, it was more aimed at data or audio visualizers I believe.

Well yea I did some editing

Original post (see first)

It’s really epic and you should be proud of yourself.
Pretty good. But, I don’t see any advantages of using this rather than Roblox Studio…

…except this. This is really true, I had to switch from linux to windows because of having problems with getting studio there,

• Still, I prefer to use studio.
  • Still, it’s cool and really well-done and I will surely take a look. (I only saw the trailer as of now)

[Poll used to be here]

EDIT (don't come in conclusions before reading this)

Where is the link? Did you even make any?? I actually changed my mind, this is WAY better than I initially thought, and I really want to test it.
Please give me the link!

Poll

Who with me? (my first poll yay)
  • You speak the truth
  • Hell nah this thing is worse
  • Actually it’s better than that

0 voters

This is one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen. :fire:

bro it’s not out yet

if your wondering why it’s taking a while because:

• it has many bugs
  • saving for rblx files used to work but Roblox broke it after updating it so I have to fix it
  • Implementing tool box support
  • fixing the ui to look like Roblox studio
  • possibly implementing plugin support(I found out luau can be run in the browser)
  • attempting to reverse engineer Roblox studio to add team create support
  • theming support
  • many others

I also can’t work on this 24/7 as I have a life outside of Roblox and it is just hobby and something I worked on when I had too much free time

but don’t worry, I am making a bit of progress and a lot of these features won’t take a lot of time but they are mainly minor, the core of the project is already done, which is why I made this post showing it off in the first place

1 Like

would this be better than rojo or any other Roblox studio alternatives/addons?

btw, many people try to make their own xml editor/viewer, that’s the easy part, the hard part is adding small things and making it actually act like Roblox studio

It will be Open sourced meaning anyone can edit it and we can theme any part of it. You can fully control any part of this and you are not restricted by Roblox’s proprietary code

And you can also modify this to be automated

lowkey, I’m wondering what Eltobb does with this

“Actually this is WAY better than I thought” - me, in “EDIT”
Remember I changed my mind a little, that is because I didn’t read all and didn’t see it was open source etc.

Ping me when link comes out
Oh wait roblox will do that won’t we? Because I’m tracking it. Sorry I’m new here in devforum. Anyways ping me if possible because I mostly ignore “Unread” warnings

THATS AWESOME DUDE
Ever plan on making it open source?

look at this

caraaaaaaa

1 Like