Roblox Studio not able to update

This is a support category for asking questions about how to get something done on the Roblox websites or how to do something on Roblox applications such as Roblox Studio.

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?

After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you!

I don’t know if this is the right section to put it under but my roblox studio is not able to update as the title said. I have tried reinstalling it and uninstalling it multiple times. I am currently on a macbook and my software is on the newest version. I don’t know if anyone else if experiencing this problem but if you are let me know if you have solve it, thank you.

1 Like

You should try to reset your registry for Roblox Studio and if not then reinstall macOS.

Reset my registry for Roblox Studio? Could you explain what that means and how to do it?

MacOS does not have a registry, unfortunately.

I’d recommend downloading the latest installer available and running it instead of trying to uninstall. Or you can go into Roblox Studio and then click Check for Updates.

1 Like

This is a easy fix, if you are on windows go to Click Win+R On your keyboard.
And type in %AppData%
Screenshot_253

Once you do that click Ok, Then Once you do that. It should look like this, and Click AppData At The Top.

Once you clicked AppData Click local. Scroll down until you see the roblox folder.
Once you clicked the Roblox Folder. Click Versions

Once you clicked Versions, Double click on the roblox studio Thing. And it should Update it and roblox studio should be working.

3 Likes

Hello guys, the problem was fixed this morning, I just didn’t have to time to post this.

If you guys are also experiencing this problem let me give you the steps I’ve tried.

Well to start off, this morning I’ve just went to the roblox studio website (Create - Roblox) and click start creating, then it downloaded.

You should also try:

1. Uninstalling, then reinstalling it through the website I’ve given you
    2)Restart your computer, whether you’re on mac or window.
  2. If it doesn’t work for you then maybe wait a day or two because that’s how it went for me.

Thank you all for trying to contribute and if you are still having this problem maybe look it up on the dev forum or search it on youtube. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.