Roblox Studio: Now in Spanish, Portuguese, & Japanese!

Are your u going to make this for German as well? would be very helpful for me as I want to test out how much Deutsch I know sometimes.

1 Like

That’s why Roblox Studio was updating for so much time.

1 Like

Yes, I saw many Arabic Developers. But for the language, they can’t understand.

3 Likes

Maybe my idea is too wishful but it would be really nice of you translated studio for all language in the world. :wink:

1 Like

Brilliant to see this update out!

Great update. I am sure will boost Roblox’s Developer Community to become much more diverse which is brilliant; more developers, more games, better communities! It’s a win-win for all, players and devs!

Great work Roblox.

3 Likes

This definitely opens up Studio to more people that have a rather poor understanding of the English language.
The issue now? The developer tutorial has to be translated into the respective languages so that a random developer in Buenos Aires speaking Spanish could go like: “Ah, necesito código para esta cosa, tengo que buscar la documentación en el DevHub…” (This means: Oh, I need some code for this thing, guess like I have to find the documentation on the DevHub).
Next up, look at which other languages are the most popular on Roblox, and translate Studio into it.
A great start would be Arabic, French or German.

1 Like

Summary: Probably unlikely at most.

Whilst yes, this would be nice: I doubt it is possible nor efficient for the Studio developers to spend their time translating Studio into all the roughly 4000+ written languages of Earth. It would be utterly pointless in my opinion. Maybe a better approach would be to either translate it for the top most spoken languages of developers, or possibly even have an AI that translates Studio to a list of given languages, alike Chrome’s “Translate to ‘x’ language” feature when loading webpages.

Anyways, this is very unlikely as Roblox will probably see it as a waste of resources and time as it would be targeting such a slim margin of developers.

Other than all of that not a bad idea bud. :rofl:

English/Spanish/etc are not programming languages, so no.

2 Likes

No, this isn’t Microsoft Excel, where syntax and function names changes depending on the user’s language (Which is a terrible “feature” that I’m not gonna rant about it here because otherwise this reply would turn into an essay.).

2 Likes

I actually got the opposite reaction, It would have been nice if Roblox studio did not did this switch automatically for me, but I see why you guys would want international devs to out of the go enter studio in their default language, but me, an spanish speaking person dreaded having my studio in spanish :sweat_smile:

This wont help me alot, but wow! I can’t wait for new developers in different languages to appear!
Who knows? Maybe we’ll even stop having people lying about where they are from? (People who say they are russian when they are american, no hate.)

When will Russian be added? It’s certainly good that these languages were added, but the Russian language is also needed

1 Like

This is really cool!, but hey arabians are now getting into roblox and some started trying to work on roblox studios so why not add arabic language? I am developer and arabian

I once made a tool that allows you to change localisation strings. This was possible since all the strings were in a human-readable XML file. I believe that’s still the case today.

And they will reset once Studio is updated, right?

I believe so.

This is very good to see! However, I would LOVE to have more languages added. We need to open up roblox to as many demographics as possible.

They are probably going to do the main languages first. Romanian is not the biggest language – I legit heard about it just now lol.

1 Like

I’d love to see french honestly

1 Like

Same to see it in Spanish bruh :sweat_smile: