Roblox Studio on macOS Sequoia has weird dock behavior that Roblox was not optimized for

Roblox Studio has been acting weird lately as a macOS app ever since I updated this volume to Sequoia.
First, it start out with a new change where macOS forces Roblox Studio and every app to 1 icon in the Dock.

Which is how Roblox Studio should have always conformed.

Despite me having 2 Roblox Studio’s opened, only the first window that I have opened is shown when I right click “Show All Windows” in the Roblox Studio’s context menu.

I also cannot do Command + ` to switch windows of the same app.

Once you close the original Studio window, Roblox Studio completely disappears from your dock.

Additionally, it doesn’t show up when you press Command + Tab (Which is what it was before)

This is due to a new check in macOS Sequoia where the app can only have 1 app in the dock. Before, when Roblox opened up an additional window, it would open up as a different “App”, which was extremely weird for Roblox to do to begin with.

System Specs

Expected behavior

I expect to be able to multitask with Roblox Studio with the current macOS Human Interface Guidelines.

• Command + ` to switch Windows within Roblox Studio (Not Command + Tab like you did prior to macOS Sonoma)
  • Use Roblox Studio Icon 2 finger Click > Show All Windows should show Roblox Studio.

Workaround:

• Use Mission Control, it still shows there.
1 Like

Thanks for the report! I filed a ticket in our internal database.