Roblox studio opens 2 separate windows

This occurs when I try to open a studio place. 2 windows are created with one being the studio itself and the other being the physical workspace of the game. This issue only happens when I try to open a place while I already have another normally functioning studio window open. I cannot properly use studio with this bug since the workspace isn’t visible on my screen while I have the studio place open.

My pc specs are: Intel(R) Core™ i3-9100F CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 16 GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070

To make the place open properly I have to close the window that I currently have open with another game.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Display
Impact: High
Frequency: Sometimes
Date First Experienced: 2022-09-29 18:09:00 (+01:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-10-02 00:10:00 (+01:00)

9 Likes

Something related ; Windows incorrectly docking in Studio - #44 by SPOOK_EXE

Hi, thanks for the report. Does re-installing studio solves the issue? Also, the docking information is saved in the registry in that specific folder. Deleting that will reset your layout to the default. You can try that as well and see if this resolves your issue.

1 Like

ive noticed that this happens a lot more when I have more than one studio opened. I really hope it gets fixed because it is really messing with workflow.

EDIT:
I might’ve found out that a plugin was causing this for me. The plugin window wouldn’t be docked & the game window itself would also popout and couldn’t be docked, so I’d be forced to close studio and try again.

(link to the plugin; ThreeDText 2 - Roblox )

11 Likes

I have the same problem, it started when I installed hoarcekat.

1 Like

I’ve got the same plugin and I’ve even disabled it yet it still opens up for me and causes these issues

EDIT: It’s now happening with other plugins, for me its Archimedes and I can’t not use it for my builds

2 Likes

it is still happening to me, even after I have -2 plugins installed

I hate this bug so much there is smoke coming out of my left eye

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.