Roblox studio opens scripts in properties window, instead of the "main" window

Im NOT sure that this is a bug of studio itself, and i hope the topics i write this in are right… English aint my native language so beware.

I’ve searched for a while… did not see anyone encounter this bug… or erm… i dont know if its a bug or not, still i’m tired of it regardless…

So, everytime i open a script, first thing that catches my eye is the fact that it opens in the properties window…
r2zFmCBATq

At first i didnt pay too much attention. I thought its just a thing that would fix itself later on. But it did not.

After i re-arrange the script window where i’d like for it to be… after re-joining the place or restarting studio… it just puts it back there

RobloxStudioBeta_0fqOgxXDr5
so like… whenever i work on a lot of things, every time i re-open a place i’ve last developed on, ALL OF MY SCRIPTS just get opened inside the properties window… And since i don’t know how to fix this, i painfully drag each script back into the main window…

I Genuinelly dont know alot about the way this studio layout works, so if anyone can help me… please do

1 Like

Drag the “script” tab into you main working window.

RobloxStudioBeta_dF29QtHz3m

RobloxStudioBeta_TenoPPW4lk

Roblox allows you to change your window configration, just like in IDEs and video editors and such that use the same layout as Roblox Studio.

1 Like

Thats what i have been trying to do, regardless of what im doing it seems to just always return my scripts to the properties window

I tried to do just as you shown on the gif, the issue persists.

Maybe it did not update fast enough, or something like that… Because sometimes it does take a little bit for the changes to take effect, maybe its me who forgets to do something, i don’t really know

Edit: this is after i rejoin/restart studio, aswell as even trying to playtest, quit the playtest, and do what i said before

1 Like

You should try moving the entire workspace window to where that script window resides at, You can also try moving another unrelated window (e.g. Explorer or Properties) window to another side of the screen and see if it would retain after a relaunch.

1 Like

This helped, I believe its the fact that the property window had tabs in it, which means really anything could be in there

u can see that they are in tabs, which is definitely the reason studio just puts my scripts there

but when you put them like this, so visually there are no tabs there, it arranges the scripts to the right spot.

Thanks alot for this, even though last bit i figured out myself, without your hints i wouldnt get this to work. Appreciated!!!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.