Roblox Studio Toolbox not inserting tools

The Roblox Studio Toolbox is not inserting tools when I click the picture and the insert button. It also breaks the other items so that the only way you can insert them is clicking the blue insert button instead of the picture.

This happens every time I try to insert a tool. Clicking on a tool such as the Pistol or Rocket Launcher at the top of the free models page will break it. I made sure to test it in a new place and it does happen.

I believe that started happening fairly recently.

22 Likes

I really don’t know what to say other than have you tried buying the model and then going to your owned tab and inserting there?

1 Like

No, that’s not it. The toolbox will not insert anything, either from the marketplace or inventory. Period. For now, I’m relying on a two-step process for model insertion.

1. Copying the model’s AssetId from the context menu.
  2. Pasting it into the command line with a handy function stored in a global variable.
-- This is pasted into the command line
insertModel = function(id)
    game:GetObjects(("rbxassetid://%d"):format(id))[1].Parent = workspace
end

-- This is ran whenever I need to insert a model
insertModel(id)

-- This is ran when I don't need to insert anymore
insertModel = nil
7 Likes

I am experiencing this same issue as well. Is there any information I can dump to a file to help get this solved. The only thing I was ever able to insert was after I opened a blank map, and it would only let me insert one of my own models. I wanted to insert a free model kitchen knife into my map, but it would only insert one or two empty model’s named “ToolboxTemporaryInsertModel”

7 Likes

I’ve been getting this issue too. I hope it gets fixed soon because I was trying to get a sword to test the zombies I was making and I couldn’t import the sword.

2 Likes

It appears InsertService isn’t working. Either errors with “Bad request” or “Error occurred, no output from Lua.” I’m assuming the toolbox is just ignoring the error via pcall and that’s why nothing shows up in output.

2 Likes

I am having the same issue as well, the only basic way to fix it is by opening & closing studio.

1 Like

Experiencing same issue on my iMac:

Operating System:

OS X El Capitan
Version 10.11.6

Most recent update to the Mac OS Client.
As of Wednesday June 26th, 4:30 PM - PST

Yeah I had this issue as well, I was really confused as to why I couldn’t import something but I guess other people are also experiencing this.

1 Like

Now while this does work, it is only a temporary solution. If others rely on the toolbox and do not know of this function then they are still running into this issue. Again, yes you could use this function, but even still, fixing InsertService should still be prioritized.

1 Like

I’ve made that clear in my post.

I need access to the toolbox for both others’ models on the marketplace and my own. Without it, I’m unable to insert various models that I have saved on my profile. I also do rely on the toolbox as well to be able to add items to my games or use reference models.

I need to create a workaround so that I’m able to continue my workflow without much disturbance other than taking the time to use this workaround to insert models. This isn’t a temporary solution, it’s a workaround for insertion while the toolbox is experiencing issues.

If they don’t know of this function, that’s them. I posted it here and if you want to use it, feel free. Those who don’t know about it are in the dark and it’s not my business if that’s the case.

Never said this issue shouldn’t be fixed. Keyword to remember is workaround.

1 Like

Understandable, I apologize for misinterpreting what you said.

first, i coudnt insert. Now i cant get models (effects )from the websites. Its getting harder for me to work

1 Like

Seems like this has been fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.