Roblox Studio unusable on Win10 on my setup

Roblox Studio starts up like normal until you run code or play test. Afterwards workspace becomes unusable with lag spikes and max FPS of around 5-6. Everything lags except playtesting. Scripting is impossible. I have attached a dump file for convenience.
This has only started happening in the last week or so.
I hope this helps since I am entirely unable to work.

Thanks,
X_Hydra

Specs:
AMD Threadripper 1900X (Liquid)
64GB DDR4 RAM
2TB Storage (1TB Mechanical, 1TB SSD)
MSI GTX 1660Ti 6GB GDDR6
Aourus Pro X399 motherboard

DMP FILE:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/roblox-studio-unusable-on-win10-on-my-setup/704030

Video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FOMjTtOpTBEumVLpvvc-moWpqtPSYFb2/view?usp=sharing

(Don’t kill me Roblox wouldn’t let me upload)

microprofile-20200804-121647.html (653.7 KB)

1 Like

What is that model in your Baseplate? Is it a free model? Check to make sure it does not have any unusual code.

This same bug occurs in every instance including blank spaces with nothing in the workspace

Then it might be a malicious plugin. Check and make sure all your plugins are created by the official creator.

You should capture a microprofiler dump and upload this to your thread. Instructions are in the bug report requirements thread pinned under platform feedback.

2 Likes

I’ve uploaded a microprofile 32 frame dump and attached to OP. I hope this helps clear up the problem! Thanks you guys for helping

Another thing I noticed is that Roblox Studio doesn’t lag when it’s not in focus ie. not on the current desktop or minimized or hidden. The lag spikes only occur when you are actively using the software

I have also run into this issue when certain tabs like toolbox or drafts are open. I have found that switching the graphics mode to OpenGL helps.
(You have to restart studio after setting the graphics mode)
My specs are:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
GTX 1060 6GB

I have seen similar posts about this issue but it hasn’t been fixed as of yet.

1 Like

Ok I’ll give it a try and see how that goes!

It worked to an extent, but now as soon as i open a script it lags. Any thoughts anyone?

Disable G Sync if you have that option.

Issue resolved! I needed to be using Direct3D9 (for whatever reason)

1 Like

This issue should now be resolved! If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.