Roblox support on LInux

Hello, after roblox Wine support was discounted, is there any way to play roblox on Linux?

I’ve heard that its possible only through android emulator because windows on emulator is banned too.

3 Likes

iirc, there was mention somewhere that if you use a KVM + GPU passthrough, Roblox would recognise this and allow you to play?

Not entirely sure on this though - worth giving it a go though?

Worst case scenario, dual boot Win + Linux, it sucks but it is what it is, bad fruit will fester. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

And KVM is android emulator for linux?

It was “banned”, but it’s been “fixed” now. You can play Roblox using WINE as usual. My personal recommendation is to use Vinegar.

1 Like

How old is this information? Because they annouced banning wine support today.

Today? Could you guide me to the source, please?

I’m able to run Roblox ““just fine””.

2 Likes

The update will get released tomorrow
Source: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/why-isnt-hyperion-an-anti-cheat/2840095/33

It was also annouced on official vinegar discord

3 Likes

Rip. I was the last one to know…

Let’s see… During the temporary blocking of Linux, I worked around this issue by using Waydroid (an Android emulator). Unfortunately, there is an issue with the mouse / camera (not again…), and obviously, Studio won’t work.

2 Likes

Studio should work from what i’ve heard because the anticheat is not built-in

1 Like

There’s no such thing as Roblox Studio for mobile. Or is there?

Edit: Was a misinterpretation on my and OP’s end. Roblox Studio theoretically should still work in desktops. The client, however, won’t.

2 Likes

Nope, never was, and probably never be

1 Like

Do you know if studio is actually usable?

Last time I checked, it had terrible performance issues, gui flashing, …

1 Like

Well, yeah, its not really smooth but it “works”

2 Likes

three ways on the top of my head

waydroid

waydroid runs android in a linux container

it is the easiest to play roblox when wine support is dropped… just that the mobile client is still horrible for keyboard and mouse input

please note that waydroid only works on wayland desktop envoirments. if you are using X, install weston with your package manager

weston will allow you to run a wayland session in a window

kvm with gpu passthrough

you can run roblox in a windows virtual machine with the kvm hypervisor with full gpu access

this method is trial and error and may require you to do hours of research just to successfully passthrough a gpu

this should be done with two gpus, one for the host, and one for the virtual machine

doing this on a single gpu may introduce issues and you will not be able to control the linux host until the virtual machine is powered off (access with ssh is an option)

also, you may want to passthrough other devices to make the virtual machine appear more legitimate

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF

the last time i ran roblox with a virtual machine, they did not allow it
do at your own risk

dual boot

as the name suggests, install windows alongside linux

2 Likes

Does integrated gpu in cpu counts as second one no?

1 Like

yes, it can be counted as a second gpu

2 Likes

sadly, my computer will always use integrated as main GPU so I can only setup it on my RTX 3050 but thats not really good for just one game, thx to everyone

Head ups, using your iGPU for KVM GPU pass-through is difficult for Intel processors from my experience.
Furthermore, I’ve spent well over a day to try and get Roblox to run in a virtual machine which little success.

my specs:
Kernel: Linux lts
DE: Plasma 6 x11
cpu: I5 12th gen
gpu: nvidia RTX 3050
all in MSI laptop

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.