Roblox Support Response Times

Hello everyone, I hope you are all well.

I was recently compromised on Roblox, by LowkeyNatey, gladly he is now terminated. This event occurred in the early hours of March 30th 2020. He uploaded inappropriate assets to my account, resulting in a 3 day ban, stole over 1.4m rap, stole my 1k member Resort & my 47k member Game Studio. He then further went on to exile all 47k members from my Game Studio, leaving it with just 7 remaining members, all of which were his alternate accounts. I emailed Roblox immediately after discovering that this had happened, and after 2 weeks of speaking with Roblox, LowkeyNatey and all associated accounts were terminated. ROBLOX denied my initial request to restore my items and groups, and so I replied to the email to try to get an appeal. Around 6 days after this was sent, I discovered that Roblox had terminated LowkeyNatey and all his associated accounts. Also that my game Studio, Outlander Studios had been returned to me. I received no email whatsoever regarding the restoration of this group to my account, and so I informed others of the situation and they attempted to get in contact with Roblox. After 4 days of waiting, Roblox replied to say that we are still in the queue, and they are working to assist us as soon as possible. It has now been over 14 days since they said we are still in the queue. Another friend who was compromised got himself rolled-back, he received a response from Roblox after around 8 days, and I have been waiting much longer and have received no response whatsoever.

I understand Roblox is having a tough time at the moment, with the large volume of tickets and reports being made. I am just unsure as to why other people seem to be getting a response much quicker than me, and I have got no response whatsoever at the current time. I am also unsure of what to do, as I am sure spamming support will most-likely slow them down even more. If anyone has any advice or is able to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it if you could send me a message via DevForum, thank you for reading.

48 Likes