Roblox Terms of Use Update

Wait so none of this affects Clothing? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

Yes, it only applies to 3D items.

4 Likes

I thought Roblox was getting the 70% and the UGC Designers were getting the 30%. My bad. The whole situation about that part is a misunderstanding anyway.

As explained later in the thread, it was a typo.

4 Likes

This has always been the case, it just wasn’t documented in the terms of use.

3 Likes

No, a person selling it in-game gets the cut is what it’s saying on “The Distributor”.

3 Likes

Yes, and this was always the case.

4 Likes

Well, in any case, the terms of use made it more apparent. I don’t usually read these, a friend forwarded me the link.

3 Likes

What I’m trying to say is that since February of 2021 this has been in-place so it you were fine up to this point, you shouldn’t have any problems.

5 Likes

Well, crisis averted. Thanks for letting me know.

4 Likes

At least this makes it fair for developers and ugc creators, developers have been experiencing this and now its time for ugc creators to join 30%.

2 Likes

Great! Now that those have been updated, would you mind enforcing the Community Standards, specifically the rules about “Selling Roblox assets for real money off-platform” and “You also may not use third-party services or products to sell, either directly or as a bundle: in-experience items, exclusive features, or other in-experience enhancements.”?

I genuinely don’t need to name names here, because literally everyone knows exactly who and what I am talking about in this situation.
I just want to remind everyone that not only is the group selling the Roblox assets for real money off platform, but is also providing in-experience item codes/exclusive features alongside them.

Source for these rules: https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203313410-Roblox-Community-Standards under Rules 19 (Scams) and 30 (Roblox Economy)

10 Likes

well i hope understand be better terms of use has made changed for updated other way helpful for reason

3 Likes

Is there a way to sell UGC Items in an experience like a Homestore? If so, would UGC Homestores allow for creators to earn 70% of the cut rather than 30%?

6 Likes

I am still not ok with Roblox being able to see my closed-source code.

The other thing I’ve never understood is why the distributor gets 40 and the creator gets 30, shouldn’t this be the other way around?

EDIT this only affects ugc items lol

By this logic it means I could make a copy of the catalog as a game (which is definitely possible), push it to the top and make more money than the creator of said assets.

3 Likes

Pretty sure that only applies for 3D items such as UGC.

2 Likes

Thanks for clearing up the Terms of Use, well needed.

2 Likes

These were added to the Community Standards after who you are likely suggesting broke them.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/notice-review-of-recent-off-platform-behavior/1555041

1 Like

All I really need to say is that it’s better than the last TOS update at the minimum. I dont like the new rates.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think you should see it as additional ‘free’ promotion on top of your own.
Everything you earn from those who promote your products is only extra, right?
Otherwise gaining Robux relies solely on your own promotions / sales.

If done formally, they’ll reach out to you first and consult with you before anything. And in such case it’s more than fair if a game developer decides to promote your product for you that they earn a fair share.

Besides, it’s not just the Robux that matters here. Just like other companies like to collaborate: it doesn’t earn just money, but also helps gather new customers. If you let your products shine, they may as well turn into returning customers. :slight_smile:

It’s not stealing, it’s helping.

5 Likes

Can you elaborate on why the update isn’t good? What do you think can be improved/changed?

1 Like