Roblox Title does not match with Roblox Link/Game Title when you join the game/experience compared to the title chosen by the developer

Reproduction Steps

1. Go to Configure Place on any place/experience you own.

2. Change the game title from example1 to example2 and save changes.

3. Go back to the page of your experience and look at the title to see the difference with the loading screen gui when you first join, where it shows the outdated title instead of the new one that shows correctly on the website but not in-game loading screen nor in the link of the page.

Expected Behavior

The game title chosen by the developer should appear correctly in the link and in-game loading screen.

Actual Behavior

The game title reverts itself on the Roblox Website and shows the older title in the link and in-game loading screen.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Wacky Wizards - Roblox
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly

7 Likes

This can happen when the place information differs from the game information (eg having a secondary place in a game and giving it a different title to make it appear as such during the teleport/loading screen)

This can also happen if a game which is already english gets given an english translation, as it can show the game information on places like group pages, but will show the translations provided for the english language on the game page itself

I’m pretty sure I’ve also heard of a bug where it doesn’t properly update the title/images for the game/places and shows old information despite updating everything, although I believe that may have been patched since it was last reported.

1 Like

Can confirm this happening in this place: CleanUp! World Building - Roblox

3 Likes

Just rename the starter place from the Asset Manager to the game name. That will fix the issue. This issue occurs when you create a place and rename it on the site or smth. This is current the fix for this issue.

1 Like

This happens when the universe name is different from the place name. Therefore not being a bug.

1 Like

That is very odd because most of us have always changed the game title via configure place which updated both the universe name and start place until recently. This is most likely a bug considering the recent issues with game titles/descriptions reverting to previous texts in configure place. Though what you suggested is a temporary fix for now until it gets resolved.

1 Like

This disparity shouldn’t happen tho cus I renamed the place from the settings in studio when accessing it from the main place. I will attempt your fix but it’s still weird that it’s considered as incorrect behavior unless confirmed by an engineer.

This is occurring for Aimblox as well, and it’s frustrating as we often update our description and need to catch ourselves from accidentally reverting to the description and game title as it was over a week ago.

This is not the usual case of place name mismatching the universe name. It’s simply not saving the place configuration correctly at all.

3 Likes

Thank you for the report and we will investigate ways to make what is happening here clearer.

5 Likes

I updated the reproduction steps to help you with this on-going issue.

Rename your game using both “Configure Place” and “Configure Experience”

This does not fix anything as we explained earlier in this topic if you actually read what we said. Asset Manager is the only temporary fix until Configure Place is fixed and updates the game title correctly without reverting back to the previous game title as you can see above.

2 Likes

I am experiencing this problem right now. I have been trying to change my description for the past hour, but it keeps reverting back to the old description after about 5 minutes.

1 Like

Could you give some details so we can track it down?

• where do you change description (website, studio settings | places, or studio | asset manager)? They have slightly different behavior
  • after you make the change, is there some other change you then make in the next 5 minutes?

Thanks for the report

1 Like

I changed the description under the “Configure Place” tab on the page of the game.

After clicking “Save”, the new text would temporarily show up on the game page, and I made no further changes. The text would revert back to the old description after about 2-5 minutes.

I worked around this by going to the “My Creations” tab and clicking on the place asset settings here:

After editing it here instead, the description and title were able to be changed, but upon entering the game, the loading screen still shows the old title of the place.

1 Like

I am also able to reproduce this but through editing the game through studio’s Game Settings.
The settings tab has the correct game name, the viewport one is incorrect.

1 Like

Hi! We have made a change so that updating the root place place or the game name from game settings will now correctly update the other item’s name. This won’t retroactively fix cases where they differ, but going forward this shouldn’t happen more. Please reply if you have new instances of game/place names getting out of sync. Thanks!

7 Likes

Hey - having this issue right now with our game RoBeats:

Starting place name (what is shown in the loading screen) is refusing to update to match the changed experience name (what we could set in the configure place page).

1 Like

I think many kind of emoji is causing problem.
Like that RoBeats.

You could change the root places name in asset manager.