Roblox ToS Question:

Hiya, I’m Kinder and I’m developing game. My question has to do with the Roblox terms of service, and I don’t really know where to ask this. I went over to Roblox Support, but unfortunately there was no ToS discussion related selections.

Alrighty, so here is my question: In my game there is some very high valued developer products (above 50k). Is it against the Roblox Terms of Service to display the robux to USD conversion rate below it?

I feel like displaying the amount of USD a user would be spending would help them rethink their decision before purchasing it, and help them understand the real value of that robux they’ll spend.

Screen Shot 2022-02-05 at 4.57.52 PM

Thanks! :]

1 Like

I did a glance through roblox’s currency, devex, and roblox’s economics terms and I didn’t see anything against it.

2 Likes

Yeah I didn’t see anything either, decided my best bet would to probably be asking around just to make sure.

1 Like

It shouldn’t be an issue seeing as Roblox already supports this form of information within their own production and distribution of Robux.

Sadly I can’t give an exact answer however, a brief look over of the TOS page doesn’t seem to display anything against it, as long as you aren’t displaying it as a way it could be misread by admins such as an alternative to to robux.

2 Likes

Even if it isn’t specifically prohibited, I highly recommend you do not do this. Your good intentions could backfire and this may be misinterpreted as a scam attempt. Another thing is your using the DevEx conversion rate (at least in your example) which is not the same rate it is for players.

Also, what are you even selling that costs 50,000 ROBUX in the first place? What virtual product could possibly be worth this much …

6 Likes