Roblox translation does not show in portal, but does on site

Reproduction Steps

Enter in a string into the title, description or products section and translate it then save, reload and the string you entered may disappear (very inconsistent), translated title will be present when viewing the game, but won’t show in the translator portal.

Expected Behavior

When something is translated in the translator portal I expect it to show its been translated in the translator portal.

Actual Behavior

As seen here for Arabic, the title appears as though it has not been translated,

however the title has been translated before and on the website when viewing the game, the game title is translated

ooga

Workaround

No workaround available

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: 🌟Ultimate Easy Obby - Roblox
Impact: High
Frequency: Sometimes
Date First Experienced: 2022-10-06 14:10:00 (-06:00)

4 Likes

Some games have broken translations on some languages for some players (as in you can set a new translation and save it, and it says it saved but doesn’t actually do that. It’s a very mixed bag as to if it actually saves the change, and I believe it’s a per-player thing to if it will break or not)

Additionally, the translator portal can take time to update on its end (eg if you set a translation for a games title or icon it will change on the site immediately, but on the translator portal it may take a few minutes. Probably related to caches or something. Unsure if this is intentional or not but it’s been a thing as long as I can remember)

As a final note, the translator portal will show the game as whatever the translation for your language is. For example, if the default language is english and your language is arabic, it will display in the translator portal with whatever name and icon is provided for the arabic translation (otherwise it will show the default)

This happens with game descriptions as well.

1 Like

Hi there, thank you for reporting the bug! Could you please share your experience’s universe ID, and the string you typed in as the translation? Also, does this happen when you try to add translations for other languages too? Or is this just happening for Arabic? To help us with the investigation, could you also take a screenshot of your browser’s ‘Network’ tab when you click save to add a new translation please? Thank you!

1 Like

:star2:باركور سولوم الاسطوري as the title

This happens for every language randomly, and is experiences by all of my translators (again randomly).

2 Likes

Hey there - we don’t seem to be able to reproduce this now, so we’re going to assume the issue is no longer occurring and close this thread out. Please let us know if you’re still running into any problems. Thanks again for the report!

1 Like

Hey there, this issue is still occurring on the same game, thanks!

2 Likes

Sorry that you’re still having issues - we’ll reopen this thread and continue investigating. Thank you for your patience!

1 Like

Hi @OutlookG, can your team temporarily add me as a translator to your game? I will take a deeper look to see what’s going on.

1 Like

Added :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @OutlookG , can you briefly describe your translation flow for us? Are the translations (eg for Arabic) added by human translators via the Creator Dashboard or do you guys have a custom translation flow?

We use a combination of Human translators (>99%), Roblox automatic translations (<1%) and Custom programmed logic (<1%) - However as far as Im aware, Game name and description has always been handled either by human translators or Roblox’s automatic translation system.

For added information, I believe this issue happens across all our games and has been happening before we started directly calling APIs to add certain translations for things such as products.

In older games we added translations via uploading spreadsheets via the in-studio localisation tools - However we haven’t done this in a long time (that tool is incredibly, incredibly buggy) and to the best of my knowledge we never did it on this specific game.

1 Like

Hi @LuaBearyGood! We’re circling back around to investigate this issue, could you also add me as a translator on your experience so I can take a look? Thanks!

Added :slight_smile:

We’ve identified the bug and implemented a fix, thanks so much for your patience with this issue! Let us know if you’re still seeing problems or if we can close this report out.

2 Likes