Roblox-trello | Object Oriented Trello API

Thank you so much, I must have missed it :smiley:

1 Like

Iā€™m getting an error where I am not able to download the Rbxm file from github onto my PC. Is there any way you could send me a place or something that has the API Module in ServerScriptService?

1 Like

Of course!
trello-1.3.6.rbxl (22.4 KB)

1 Like

Hello,

It seems like there is an error when retrieving lists and cards, Iā€™m not sure if this is the same for the retrieving boards but here is the following code which flagged up:

Argument 1 missing or nill for
return (HTTP:JSONDecode(JSON))

Is there any way to add/remove labels from cards with this API? So far I cannot see any methods.

Currently no, sorry. But this will be in v2.

1 Like

This problem started recently, I believe Trello might be having issues. Regardless, I will add better error handling for 1.3.7.

I am using somebody elseā€™s Trello API that still works. Yet, today, it started to stop working on server, but not on studio. Which one of them are broken? I know itā€™s off-topic, but is it affecting this API, too?

It seems that a new error started to appear recently, according to several users. It seems to be caused by Trello, as it was not experienced by anyone prior to a very specific date. So yes, it does affect this one too.

Regardless, I will add better error handling in 1.3.7.

Any updates on what trello have said/fixed?

Actuallyā€¦ I found my mistake with my system. It wasnā€™t a bug or anything, but my APIs were taking too many requests causing it to crash an error. Hopefully, this doesnā€™t concern you.

Itā€™s 100% not my system, it was working a day before I initially posted the error, so hopefully 1.3.7 comes out or roblox/trello fix their problems

The rate limit is not a bug with Trello, it is intentional on their end.

Contact with their support team reveals they have put a 10% limit on the base rate limit of 300/key and 100/token requests every 10 seconds from all requests of Roblox origin.

This means instead of 300 requests/10 seconds for an API key, it is now 30 requests/10 seconds. Same goes for tokens, 10 requests/10 seconds instead of 100 requests/10 seconds.

Requests will have to proxied to obtain the true rate limit unless Trello decides to revert this forced limit.

5 Likes

Thanks for the insight!
I was not aware of the reduced rate limit, they must have enforced it recently, as these issues were not happening before a certain date, and due to bad practice on my side, the pcalls ate the error, so nobody knew they were exceeding the rate limit. This will be fixed in the next version.

1 Like

Do we know if this limit is temporal or is it a ā€œdefinitiveā€ change? Because if this continues much more i may have to change from trello to another platform.

Ok, so I contacted them, and for what they told me, they dont plan on changing it back. So adding a proxy will be, for now, the only way to fix this issue. Im just still angry about the fact that they just hid this rate reduction and didnt post anything to exaplin it anywhere.

2 Likes

Hey! Iā€™m a bit confused on how to make a new card. How do I specify the list for the card?
This is my code so far (server side)

local Trello = require(game.ServerScriptService.Trello.Main)
local Board = Trello:GetBoardByName('Help Center Tickets')

local function A(BT,TT,UN,FN)
	local FilteredBT = 
	local FTT 
	if FN == 'ReportUserFrame' then
		local NewCard = Trello.new(Card,FTT,A) -- I put A there so it 
-- wouldn't error, but the list's name is 'User Reports'
		NewCard:SetDescription(FilteredBT)

elseif FN == 'BanAppealFrame' then

elseif FN == 'ReportBugFrame' then

end
end
1 Like

You must first call the list. It HAS to be a list object. So when you retrieve the list (which you could do using Board:GetListByName(), you can put that into the spot of A. Your code could look something like this:

local Trello = require(game.ServerScriptService.Trello.Main)
local Board = Trello:GetBoardByName('Help Center Tickets')
local UserReportsList = Board:GetListByName('User Reports') -- Gets the `User Reports` list from the board specified above

local function A(BT, TT, UN, FN)
	local FilteredBT = -- Text gets filtered
	local FTT = -- A name is chosen or pre-set
	if FN == 'ReportUserFrame' then
		local NewCard = Trello.new('Card', FTT, UserReportsList) -- 'Card' (String): Card object indicator, FTT (String): The name of the card, UserReportsList (List Object): The list that the card will be under
		NewCard:SetDesc(FilteredBT) -- It's SetDesc(), not SetDescription()
	elseif FN == 'BanAppealFrame' then
		-- To be implemented
	elseif FN == 'ReportBugFrame' then
		-- To be implemented																			
	end
end
2 Likes

Does this include a way to delete cards/lists?

1 Like

Yes! There is a :Delete() method available, but unfortunately, only for cards. The closest you can get to deleting a list is to archive it.