Roblox UI Redesign

This is the best I could do with a 10 minute timer.

So, I did a thing, I redesigned the Roblox Player UI and I wanted to see what yalls opinion on it is.

Took me 10 minutes, with a timer.

Hope you have a great day!

4 Likes

Alright, this looks pretty decent although you might want to work on your UI padding and gradients. Might also want to fix some fonts and some icon sizes. Otherwise it looks pretty nice – especially for 10 minutes.

2 Likes

I agree with @lego_rulles here. You need to work on your gradients. The pictures are also a little too big you could have shrunk them down a bit and it would have been fine. Padding could have been a little better as it seems like the texts are super constrained to the walls or borders of frames. You also have a lot of empty- “whitespace” - around this which also isn’t good at all. Also if they don’t have friends you didn’t even need to add the placeholder objects just replace those with your no friends text. The game cards should be a little bigger especially if that’s supposed to be the featured section. You could implement the name, picture, description and likes and favorites all together on the one card.

3 Likes

The design is neat and minimalist, which I like to a certain degree. I suggest you decrease the size of the buttons, such as the Roblox Icon in the top right, and the Join Button on different games. I agree with @lego_rulles as well, if there was some gradient on the Join Buttons and the Icons on the left sidebar, it would have looked more pleasant to the eye. However, I understand this was done with a limited amount of time, and for 10 minutes it looks very good in my opinion. Keep it up.

1 Like

There’s no padding and the icons are overly large, really bad for UX all around.

Ay, thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, I can 100% do that, but, 10 minutes is all I had and it’s kinda rushed.

I only had 10 minutes, read, like srsly, read💀

From the comments, I have to agree that the user experience (UX) is not the best. Yet, there is a question that remains unanswered, why did you make it specifically with a timer of 10 minutes?

Most UI/UX Designers wouldn’t do it in a rush time, because the result would look average and amateur. And, since this is feedback, I unfortunately will have to say straightforwardly that the redesign is not good

• The usage of gradients does not combine for the background layout: Even though some prefer gradients for producing layouts, you must know when and how to use them. Use it for only one part of your work, not in almost everything such as the search bar, background with icons (resembling other settings) and to search for friends and experiences.
  • Using the old Roblox logo in an odd position: Some users still remember Roblox with a cube rotated and a tiny hole in the middle, however, this was an old design made in 2017 and was changed in September 2022. Also, you can notice that it is stuck in the right upper corner, which is another problem as it doesn’t even feature a bit of space.
  • Use of colors: When we are designing any interface for a project, a challenge, or a project, we need to think of colors that users may find comfortable to look at. Think as producing an outfit
 “How is your look today?”, “What color can combine with my jacket?” — This same metaphor goes for choosing colors. If you prefer to economize time, you can search for a website that provides palettes.
  • Biography unreadable: Although some social platforms provide parts where you can put your biography, you must know where to be shown. If you are putting below your profile picture, this can lead to you not even reading that much of what you just wrote
 “Why not use a space that is free to use?”
  • Replacing texts with icons: Sometimes, when it comes to buttons, you don’t need to always put texts. For instance, take the example of sending a message using the iMessage. When you write anything, the button only features a simple icon with an arrow, leading to the context of submitting something for another user. While this seems silly, if you do some research, icons are universally comprehensible and give more attractions as well as straightforward contexts for navigation. Hence, you can apply this idea to buttons such as the “Join”.

(Source: Icons vs. Text: Which is Better for Website Navigation | by Ivector | Medium)

Overall, this is my perspective and my constructive feedback on your creation and I hope it can help you understand my idea and how you can improve it.

This Roblox redesign looks good! The current UI is better in my opinion, mainly because of the colors. But nice job on this!

Well, First, I don’t do UI often, this is like the 5th time, i just did this as a fun project, I’m more into 3d modeling, but, yeah.

Thank you ! I really appreciate it, I do like the current Roblox UI, but, it needs a redesign, it just seems outdated.

quite possibly the most nausea-inducing thing i’ve seen during my time on the dev forum

3 Likes