Roblox unplayable, immense lag and getting 'kicked from server' - Using a 1080ti

• Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

When I am playing Roblox, every few seconds Roblox will just completely freeze up. I’ve tried it with Rocket League and there was no lag, turned off Shadowplay as well but that did not affect it.

• How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.

It happens in every Roblox game.

• Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.

It happens when I am playing any game on Roblox.

• For graphics bugs, it is sometimes helpful to know your system specs, especially graphics card.

I’m using an ASUS ROG STRIX 1080ti

• When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.

I noticed it happening a few days ago, but it hasn’t been this bad. I’ve been in calls and playing roblox using this pc but it’s only happened recently

Screenshot:

This is the message I get after it lagging so much.

Video:

Watch if you dare:

I’m really hoping something can happen with this, I can’t test out anything :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Editing, turns out Roblox runs terribly even without being in a call

Welp, a graphics driver update fixed it. The previous one just wouldn’t work, even though it was installed correctly.

sigh

2 Likes

Same thing happened when I installed my 1050ti. Started working as soon as I updated the drivers.

1 Like

The thing is though, it was working fine with its current drivers. Just randomly it decides to break.

I got the same error by teleporting places in Speed Run, having my client freeze for some reason, and then when it unfroze I was kicked with the same error message. Map, other players, and chat had loaded just fine.

1 Like

It’s just weird how a graphics driver would randomly just not work

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.