Roblox User Lookup Discord bot RELEASE

hey guys,

i made this discord bot thing that might be useful to you. It uses the discourse API(devforum) to search for users and provide information. Let’s say you wanted to quickly find out about this guy you are hiring, simply use
“.search username” and the bot will provide you the information you need along with URL to visit profile link (click the blue text “info panel”)

Invite Link:
Discord
(The only perms it needs is read and send messages, no need for password or any security stuff)
Tell me if you guys want any features/updates like scanning devforum for a member and auto ranking.

• Discord tag feature is currently disabled due to RoVer requiring an API key that is still pending.
34 Likes

Isn’t that just using the https://verify.eryn.io/" api?

2 Likes

Nope, this is the discourse API, it provides information from Devforum not Roblox.

You don’t need to be logged into devforum or anything.
https://docs.discourse.org/

simple json request stuff ya

Just updated the bot to comply with Discord RichEmbed text limits for people with long bios

Perhaps this would better fit under “Community Resources”

4 Likes

This is pretty cool. If I could suggest a feature, you should make it so that it lists all the user’s groups instead of their primary one.

1 Like

Sure, I’m working on that

Edit: Groups are now listed in a groups section

Not sure how to?

I won’t normally comment if people use ‘ROBLOX’ over ‘Roblox’, but in a public bot don’t you think it makes sense to follow the brand guidelines? I don’t know if it’s just me, but it seems a bit unprofessional to cling onto the old way of writing it

4 Likes

Oh they edited the brand guidelines, thanks. I’ll change it later

Can a top contributor please help me move this topic?

You can move the topic yourself by clicking the pencil beside your post’s title and clicking Community Resources. I personally think it’d be better fit in #development-discussion:cool-creations though because this isn’t really a utility other than a profile searcher.

It’s a neat creation, I can say that, but I’m not to sure I’d actually use this. I’d like to know the process of it’s creation though, since that might push me forward in creating Discord boots. That’s the one thing I can’t ever nail down.

1 Like

Making discord bots is fairly easy. Check out the https://discord.js.org/ discord js library. I’ll be updating the bot soon with more features like Roblox catalog notifier and much more

1 Like

Bot Update:
-Added a seperate Roblox Info section
-Added more APIs to attain more information
-Now knows your Roblox Builder’s Club status and friends and friendship status
-Roblox avatar icon now displayed in embed author icon
-Added the RoVer API and the bot can tell you the Discord tag of someone if they are in the database.

Any feature requests? I could add something cool idk
(Working on new search function so you can search for topics and groups. Also working on secure authentication so you can change your devforum settings, receive messages, all from the bot.)

Important Update

Search command now changed to .search devforum {username}

This is to facilitate new user lookup features
“.search roblox {username}” is not working yet, stay tune

Also renaming the bot soon since it has more features now

Sneak Peek (click image if you don’t mind spoilers)

Major Update

• Added new embeds for errors, embeds are now in different colours
  • Added support for Roblox lookup
  • Renamed the bot to RoSearch
  • Uses more APIs to get more info
  • Code cleanup

Working on new logo but I’m currently using an ugly logo I made

5 Likes

Uhm, would it be possible that you move updates to the OP instead? I’m afraid that a few of your posts are kind of bump-ish in nature. It also gives updates to the bot more exposure if people are tracking the thread.

5 Likes

Considering this is 2 years old, if you’re ever seeing this would you consider releasing it open-sourced?

4 Likes