Roblox UWP app crashing 10-15 seconds after startup

I was experiencing a problem with the Roblox player and attempted to use the Microsoft store UWP app but it is crashing on the loading screen after about 15 seconds, I have spent the last couple hours searching for solutions and have attempted things such as doing a clean boot of windows, clearing my cache, reinstalling/fixing/repair/resetting the Microsoft store app and running Microsoft store troubleshooter (which came up with a result saying that some apps were hanging but didn’t do anything to help fix it).

Device Information:
Edition: Windows 11 Home
Version: 23H2
I am not in the windows insider program

I haven’t experienced this problem at all before, but the last time I opened the Microsoft store version of Roblox was like a month ago so I can’t really track down what changes made this happen.

Not sure how helpful this is but in event viewer there is an Application Hang event:
The program Windows10Universal.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
as well as a “Windows Error Reporting” event with like “MoAppHang” in it.

If anyone knows what’s causing this problem, please let me know!

Edit: It also plays the windows error sound whenever I open it

Edit 2: In the “MoAppHang” error there is something about attached files and they are all like random temp files (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\...)

5 Likes