Roblox VR - How To Beginner Guide?

I would love to test Roblox Studio with VR and my Quest 2, soon with Quest 3.
However, I can’t find any beginner guide or step by step tutorial, or documentation that explains the basics.

• Where to activate VR to create a Roblox VR experience?
  • I am using Air Link: I am assuming I do need to connect with my PC?
  • What Game Settings do I need to check?
  • What Studio Settings do I need to check?
  • How to setup Roblox Studio with VR Basics?

Thank you so much,
appreciate any little help!

1 Like

In studio, open the game settings button and in the section to select what devices are allowed to play, select VR. Next, Air link your VR to your computer and inside the VR click the desktop icon, allowing you to see the computer screen. From there, click on the play test button from within the VR and the test server should open up. If studio doesn’t end up working, you can always just publish the game and then test through the Roblox website.

thank you so much, appreciate your help.

I successfully connected the Headset with Airlink to my PC. And I can play all other games.
But when Roblox Studio is launched, and I click the “Play” Test Button within Roblox Studio (and within my VR Desktop), the game doesn’t launch in VR mode.

Instead, it just runs as the Roblox Studio application on my PC. That’s it.

And yes, I figured I could publish the game, and then from there run it in VR using the Roblox Game Client. But that’s kind of a hack, because then I don’t see and don’t test my VR Experience using Roblox Studio.

Isn’t there any documentation, or guide that shows what needs to be done (or that it is even possible) using Roblox Studio with your Quest Headset in VR mode?

Thank you soooo much for your help! :hugs:

1 Like

If you still need help for play testing in VR, Connect the VR to Pc with airlink first then open the ROBLOX studio app.