ROBLOX Walk of Fame

FiniteReality’s thread about using DataStore to search through a list of usernames reminded me of an old idea I had for using OrderedDataStore to create an index of all the players who have ever played a particular game. It basically creates an OrderedDataStore where the key contains each person’s username and ID, and the value column contains up to the first 9 characters of the username, encoded as digits so they can be sorted in alphabetical order using GetSortedAsync.

Anyways, I made a “walk of fame” place that creates a huge sidewalk with tiles for each user who has ever played the game (sorted alphabetically of course). Every few minutes it refreshes and unanchors the entire sidewalk so you have to race back to the start. Then it creates all the tiles over again.

Place link:
http://www.roblox.com/ROBLOX-Walk-of-Fame-place?id=199246149

Sick memes bro

The westward march

Everything is falling!

That’s a great idea, and it sounds pretty fun too.

EDIT: Also, isn’t that my thread? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote] That’s a great idea, and it sounds pretty fun too.

EDIT: Also, isn’t that my thread? :stuck_out_tongue: [/quote]
Oops, fixed.

name bricks begin falling
is this a metaphor

This happened.

You should have it filter out Guests (so they don’t get titles.) Because their picture images don’t work and they make a whole section of gray X’s.

Not sure if this is supposed to be a small joke or some invisible parts (I couldn’t do this so I assume hax).

Why is there a gigantic row of guests? I noticed some guest names also repeat a bunch of times. Assuming by the vast amount and number of repeats, not that many guests actually joined. I could be wrong though.