Roblox website appears broken on Firefox browser

The Roblox website does not load or function in the Firefox browser.

I’m currently using the most updated version and I disabled extensions to see if the problem would persist.
If I go to the Roblox website on a different browser like Edge it does seem to function as normal.

Expected behavior

I expect to see the discovery page, game pages and other pages to just load correctly.

1 Like

i tried it, it works fine on firefox

can you provide more info, such as platform, version of firefox?

That is odd, I wonder if it’s somehow OS dependent or something.

I’m running Windows 10 with an AMD CPU.
I wonder if it even could be CPU related because programs having problems with AMD is not too uncommon either.

But the site functions in Edge somehow.

it might not be your cpu (its just a website)

personally im running this off of mac with m1 chip

are you using beta or nightly firefox versions?

I have turned off every extension and whatnot and it simply doesn’t work as demonstrated in the video here.

Try emptying your cache & clearing cookies, and re-login to see if it works.

I think sometimes Roblox doesn’t properly load assets after changes were made (probably cache-related).

Here’s a handy guide by Mozilla for that:

2 Likes

Weirdly enough cleaning cache seemed to have fixed the issue, thanks for that!

It still feels weird though that this happens at all, I feel like this is something that shouldn’t be happening at all regardless of cache.

1 Like

Caching is a very common practice on the web - it stores a local copy of a static (un-changing) asset on your computer (such as images, javascript, styling, fonts), which speeds up page loading and reduces bandwidth usage. It’s a very important part of the modern web - and Roblox uses it extensively for all their web assets.

I think when Roblox makes a change, it causes things to break because they might not change the URLs to assets, which causes browsers to use the local copy cause it is still within the cache.

It would’ve worked eventually - but, it would’ve been a while for that I believe. I am not sure how big their TTL (time-to-live) values are, but I assume a while.

1 Like

I’m familiar with the concept of caching, though I still find it weird websites in particular don’t compare version numbers and force re-catching if let’s say… the website version is too far off from the catched version.

It doesn’t seem like a very difficult thing to implement, and since it’s not time based but rather just comparing versions it might take less time for issue to resolve themselves automatically.

1 Like